Snack and Meal Ideas!

Here are some meal and snack ideas that I've been eating to keep my full, satisfied, and seeing results. I would love to hear from you!!

Breakfast/Snacks:

Apple slices with Fage 0% Greek yogurt or almond butter, homemade chia pudding {so many recipes for easy chia pudding - and you can add vanilla, cocoa powder, stevia. .. } with fresh berries, fresh fruit and an egg, brown rice cake with natural/raw honey (half tbs) and banana slices on top

Lunch/snacks: Fresh juice (Vital, Suja, or some other cold pressed, fresh and nutritionally dense juice), fresh rolls with tofu {you can buy many places or make them yourself if you want}, spinach salad with berries, raw almonds, and various veggies (including half an avocado). I like to use Health Starts Here no oil dressings from Whole Foods on my salads. Currently I'm obsessed with Bragg Ginger and Sesame dressing. Mojo and Quest bars are also easy and will normally satisfy me for at least an hour or two. In a pinch, they can be a real meal saver.

Dinner: Definitely varies but the goal here is to watch the carb intake and keep it as healthy as possible. I eat a lot of chicken pho with no noodles and added veggies. I don't drink all of the broth because that's so much sodium. Making fresh marinara or meat sauce with bison {or ground turkey, although I think bison is much more delicious} and eating that with whole wheat pasta is good too - then you can pack some up for your lunches if it's too heavy at night. I also love to bake sweet potatoes. . .mmm! It's like veggie candy to me {I know, that sounds like a stretch but they are sweet and delicious!}. Quinoa with a bunch of roasted veggies also a great dinner to lunch meal. Add some wild salmon and you're all set!

Some of my favorite snacks are: turkey breast meat, carrots, apples, oranges, berries, and raw almonds

Other snacks for when you're at home - roasted cauliflower with spicy seasoning (ideally salt free), rice cakes with almond butter, sweet potato baked strips. . . I just purchased a new kind of natural peanut butter with cinnamon and raisins - so good and only 70 calories for 2 tbs. Yes, please!

Replies

• StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    This is what I answered the previous post about a month ago on snacks.
    My favorites
    1. Laughing Cow cheese wedge (Garlic & Herb is my fav) with some Triscuits (and sometimes black olives with it)
    2. Cottage cheese with fruit
    3. Tbsp of peanut butter with one serving of semi-sweet chocolate chips
    4. 100 calorie pack of Emerald almonds dusted with cocoa
    5. banana
    6. string cheese wrapped with a slice of turkey
    7. Yoplait Greek yogurt 100 cal (Strawberry Cheesecake is my favorite)
    8. Sugar free chocolate pudding with a few tbsp of whipped topping
    9. 1/2 c. ice cream
    10. a few mixed raw veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, celery, radishes) with a little ranch dressing
    11. celery or apple with tbsp of peanut butter
    12. piece of whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp of Nutella
  • SamanthaKersul
    SamanthaKersul Posts: 13 Member
    Coconut Bliss Bars are also really delicious! 170 calories each. . . worth it!
  • Snacks: Fruits like apple, pear, peach; 1/2 of a frozen banana with 1 tbsp of peanut of almond butter; 2 oz of hummus with celery sticks