Gym and Personal Trainer Pressure!

Options
13»

Replies

• April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    rjmwx81 wrote: »
    You've told him you can maybe afford one or two, so they smell "blood in the water" if you will. It's like telling a used car salesman that you think you might, maybe, perhaps want to buy a car next year...they want to get you in that car *TODAY*. lol. Personally, I would tell them that you've already heard the sales pitch and you're just not interested. No "maybe later" or "just one or two sessions."

qft
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    She figured this out a couple years ago. lol.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I had this experience once, and I felt like they wouldn't let me out of the gym until I signed up. I kept saying no, but he wasn't getting the hint. Finally when he said, "What price could you pay?" I told him, "I'm a college student at home with no job. Free is what I can pay." That shut him up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    It's okay to say no. And professionals shouldn't take it personally. They should still treat you like an important member.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This...don't feel guilty! I had the same thing happen to me last year at my gym. They are preying on your "I really want to get back on track" feeling right now. Just pay what you can afford. Be firm. if they can't cut you a deal or find something that fits your pocket book, then you have the right to say "no thanks". They will pressure you, but don't give in.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, NECRO POST!

rise_from_your_grave.png

This is a thread from 2012, it should be closed as inactive. >_<

Is it just me or can you not see when someone posted any more??
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Most of them are like McDonald's employees - they'll be gone in a few weeks or months. Turnover is huge in that role - as you've seen, they're more salesmen than anything. Remember they're NOT trying to help you, only trying to get money from you.