What a difference 18lbs makes...

Options
jji70xt3jjrh.png
1tbj6kos00bx.png

18lbs may not seem a lot in comparison to the fantastic loss some people here have managed on here but to me it has completely transformed my life. I no longer wake up and want to crawl back into bed, I wake up with confidence and happiness.

For many years I have attempted to lose weight quickly, I would wake up and think 'Right today I am going to lose weight' then skip breakfast, attempt to skip lunch but hit 1pm and scoff a baguette. January 2014 rolled around and I just thought enough is enough, I started MFP properly (I had been on it off and on for a while). I logged everyday and finally learnt that you don't have to be 'on a diet' to lose weight, you can just make it part of your lifestyle. I NEVER used to eat breakfast but now it's one of my favourite meals of the day!

It's taken 10 months to lose 18lbs which is slow going and although I would like to lose some more, I just can't believe the difference that those lbs have made!

Don't give up, you may have 'bad' days, weekends and even weeks but you can ALWAYS get back on track and this is something valuable that I have learnt.

Replies

• sashafischang
    sashafischang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Thanks for the inspiration today!
  • louiseoxford
    louiseoxford Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job! Thanks for the inspiration today!

Thank you :smile:
  • tifftwoten
    tifftwoten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey, lug around an 18 pounds of anything all day and it is exhausting. Congratulations! You look lovely!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    you do look like you've lost more than that! amazing.. you are a pretty young lady and deserve to feel good about yourself.
  • louiseoxford
    Options
    tifftwoten wrote: »
    Hey, lug around an 18 pounds of anything all day and it is exhausting. Congratulations! You look lovely!

Haha, true! Thank you for your lovely comment :smile:
  • louiseoxford
    Options
    you do look like you've lost more than that! amazing.. you are a pretty young lady and deserve to feel good about yourself.

Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I was scared to post this forum post but so glad I did now :smile:
  • yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!!! By any chance, are you really short?

I'm 4'11'', and that's the kind of change 18 pounds might do to me too
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great job! You did it the right way :)
  • louiseoxford
    Options
    yaryrosa wrote: »
    Congratulations, you look great!!! By any chance, are you really short?

I'm 4'11'', and that's the kind of change 18 pounds might do to me too

Ah thank you! I'm 5'6" and honestly am surprised at how much of a change 18lbs is!! I originally planned to lose a fair bit more but am so happy with how I look at just this weightloss! If you're 4'11" then I imagine 18lbs will have such a noticeable difference!
  • louiseoxford
    Options
    Tracita70 wrote: »
    Great job! You did it the right way :)

Thank you :smile:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Looking gorgeous!!! I'm on roughly the same pace as you although just starting out (5 lb in 6 weeks), so thank you for the inspiration!
  • louiseoxford
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Looking gorgeous!!! I'm on roughly the same pace as you although just starting out (5 lb in 6 weeks), so thank you for the inspiration!

Aw no problem, thank you for your lovely comment! You sound like you're doing such a fantastic job already, keep it up and I look forward to reading your success story in the near future :smile:
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    great job 18 pounds is an awesome weight loss and needs to be celebrated as well! Yae hip hip hip hip Horay!
  • Lbagl
    Lbagl Posts: 6
    Options
    This is so motivating to me! I'm 5'4 and have lost 17 and to see that kind of weight loss on someone else makes me feel good because we are all our own worst critic and I still only see the bad parts of me. I have a long way to go yet, but thank you for posting. You look fantastic!
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look beautiful!
  • louiseoxford
    Options
    great job 18 pounds is an awesome weight loss and needs to be celebrated as well! Yae hip hip hip hip Horay!
    icanplay3 wrote: »
    Great job! You look beautiful!

Thank you both!
  • louiseoxford
    Options
    Lbagl wrote: »
    This is so motivating to me! I'm 5'4 and have lost 17 and to see that kind of weight loss on someone else makes me feel good because we are all our own worst critic and I still only see the bad parts of me. I have a long way to go yet, but thank you for posting. You look fantastic!

Aw thank you, it's lovely to hear this has been motivating to someone as I have found so many people on this site incredibly motivating! 17lbs is an amazing loss, I for one know how difficult it can be so really well done, I wish you lots of luck on your journey, I bet you look fantastic!
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you look really great now, keep up the good work.
    I know the highs and lows of such a change pretty well myself went from 6'0 35% bodyfat weak as *kitten* to 190 pretty muscular and going for my next cut to 175 ripped to shreds.
    and i can tell you living this healthy lifestyle was by far the best change of my whole life.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    What amazing results...and wow it does make a great difference
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Awesome, job well done!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!