Banting "eating plan" Real meal revolution

Options
Hi there guys
How many of you are also following the banting life style?
Low carb High fat diet...My personal goals according to myfitnesspal is as follows

Protein 102g carbs 20g and fat 127g this makes up a split of 5% carbs 25% protein and 70 % fats
A lot of people have huge success in weight loss with this kind of lifestyle , I have started four days ago and so far so good , just overshooting the carbs a bit , so many hidden carbs for instance according to the app a cup of the 3 in 1 coffees has 15carbs , who would have thought......

I love this app , but sometimes wonder how accurate these figures really are eg the calories, anyhow it keeps you on your toes , so that's a good thing.

I am also not coming close to 127g of fat per day and always have more than 500 calories left unused per day,so I hope the weight will be melting off soon lol.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi there. You may find that one of the low carb groups is a good place to find friends.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-

The main boards tend to focus on plain calorie counting.

Best of luck!
  • Maximejk
    Maximejk Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been doing banting for two months with not much weight loss. Trying the app, from what i see, definitely over doing the carbs. Have a sweet tooth which doesn't help and I'm an emotional and a boredom eater as well. Loving eggs and bacon for breakfast :-)
  • mezee19
    mezee19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

The book recommend 25g to 50g carbs, why are you doing 20g?
  • HappyGirlHeike
    HappyGirlHeike Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Shayman, So glad to find you. I finally received the book The Real Meal Revolution. It has travelled more than me as they got my address wrong, sending it somewhere in England and I live in Canada. Are you in South Africa? How is the diet going for you? It does seem to help to sooth the brain after a migraine. I had read that migraines and epilepsy are related in the brain wirering. The Ketosis diet is very high in fat which is the epileptic prevention diet. I have noticed Udo's oil is good for the joints and wheat makes arthritis hurt and develop, so I try to starve the arthritis. What have you noticed in how your body feels. What age are you approximately? I am in my mid 50's. Good health at any age it great, don't want to end up in a nursing home or in a wheel chair with chronic pain. Our body is a huge lab, with experiments going on all the time.

What captured your interest in this diet?

Hope all is well with you,

Heike
  • lilibis
    lilibis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started Banting yesterday! Very motivated.