Peanut Butter

Options
TFG_em
TFG_em Posts: 174 Member
Not exactly a recipe; more of a quick tip. My favorite healthy snack is apple slices with peanut butter. There is nothing wrong with peanut butter, but it is something you probably want to eat in moderation. So, I started using half the peanut butter and blending it with nonfat vanilla yogurt. Not only is it a little less in calories, but it also makes a light fluffy peanut butter dip for your fruit. You can add a bit of cinnamon too. Sooooo good!

Replies

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Oh man - that is such a good idea. I freakin' love peanut butter and would eat it by the spoonful but sooooo many calories. I am going to give this a try!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i do greek vanilla yogurt with pb2, never tried it with just pb, have to give that a go :)
  • georgiad88
    georgiad88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hehe, keto means that no-added-sugar peanut butter is a great snack to add fat and protein! I love having a couple of spoonfuls when I'm feeling peckish (which, I have to say, is almost never on this diet!)
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with PB2 or PB2 Chocolate.... 45 cals, 2 Tbsp..... yummy in my sweet potato shakes too...
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt (Fage 0% or 2%) with 1T TJ's salted PB. It's so good on apples, bananas, banana bread/muffins, english muffins, etc
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think I must be an oddball, I don't like PB with apples. I do like it with apple butter or apple jelly. and PB w/banana sandwich is my emergency "go to" meal for work. I knew a woman who liked PB w/tomato sandwich...I found it to be 'meh.' Melted PB over popcorn is good too, if rather messy. Oh and PB with cheese sandwich is yummy, too.
  • DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Natural almond or peanut butter is my go to for a snack. Fat is your friend people, carbs/sugar (too much glucose) are not.
  • CandOr1
    CandOr1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i do greek vanilla yogurt with pb2, never tried it with just pb, have to give that a go :)
    You just made my day! I have a jar of chocolate PB2 in my desk drawer, but I hardly ever do anything with it. Today, I happened to have a vanilla greek yogurt in my lunch bag, so I added a scant tablespoon of the PB2 (~20 calories, ~2g protein). YUM! Thanks for the tip! It had never occurred to me, but I now have a new favorite snack.

• JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    sounds good, ty
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Great tip, OP. I am definitely giving this a try.