What foods can't you eat?

Options
bradp1979
bradp1979 Posts: 154 Member
As kids, we all have those foods that we just hate. Usually of the garden-grown variety. Our parents tell us that our tastes will change as we get older, and we'll like different things as adults. While this is absolutely true, there are some foods we just never learn to like. What's yours?

For me it's asparagus. Doesn't matter how it's prepared, whether it's the whole spear or just the tips, whether it's smothered in butter or some other kind of sauce, I just can't do it.

Another one is bell peppers. Same as asparagus. Can't do it.

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Although I love it, Milk and a lot of Brands of Ice cream. :(
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've been trying some things that I wouldn't eat before, and as long as they are combined with something, it's alright. Except pineapple. Can't stand it no matter how many ways I've tried it.
  • MosieOsie
    MosieOsie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat all veggies, although a few are less enjoyed than others (cauliflower, brussel sprouts). My "cannot eats" are mostly proteins like liver or anything made from it, including all pate; then duck, venison, lamb, squab, and then slimy fish like talapia and red snapper, and -- oh gag: oysters!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    seafood. Everyone loves seafood...except me. I have tried. And I can eat it, i just don't like the taste. Every couple of years, I try again. You know how much crap i got when i lived in Baltimore but had no desire for crab cakes?
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    seafood. Everyone loves seafood...except me. I have tried. And I can eat it, i just don't like the taste. Every couple of years, I try again. You know how much crap i got when i lived in Baltimore but had no desire for crab cakes?

This is a major one for me too.. for me its almost a texture and flavor thing.

I have too many to list.. very picky about veggies.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    For me it's Salmon. I know, I know it's so good for me. And I really want to like it, I have prepared it a million different ways but no matter what I just can't do it. It is to "fishy" of a fish if that makes sense.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Salmon, caviar, sheep's testicles and sweet potatoes. I would contemplate starvation before eating any of them.
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we were allowed to have 3 foods we could take a pass on. Mine changed regularly with the exception of mushrooms. I have always detested mushrooms, and I have tried them quite a few times over the years, just can't get used to the taste.

The one that kills me is shrimp. I love it, but am allergic. I can eat any other kind of shellfish, except shrimp.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I can eat most anything....Hot, Spicy & On Fire..... the exception GREEN bell peppers give me so much indigestion from just a small bite.. that I feel like I'm dying!

I Used to love Beef Pepper Steak Chinese style........it DIDNT love me....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I like almost everything. The one food I cannot eat is Crab. Not because I don't love it, but because it causes an attack of Gout. If I eat crab today, I can't walk tomorrow.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    That's a personal choice, and the more whole foods you eat, the better off you'll be.
    Eat fresh fruits and veggies, lean meats, nuts, whole grains and raw dairy.
    I try to stay away from anything processed and eat "clean" by the above definition 70% of the time.

Good Enough!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've always been picky about veggies and while I've definitely grown out of most of my aversions, brussel sprouts are the devil. I've tried cooking them every imaginable way and they're always horrible. Thankfully my husband agrees so I don't have to deal with them ever again.
  • brndish
    brndish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Seafood & lima beans. Also turnips and sweet potatoes.
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    whovian67 wrote: »
    I can eat most anything....Hot, Spicy & On Fire..... the exception GREEN bell peppers give me so much indigestion from just a small bite.. that I feel like I'm dying!

I Used to love Beef Pepper Steak Chinese style........it DIDNT love me....

Yep, I as well. LOVE Green Peppers they HATE me...*sigh* I miss stuffed green peppers. Onions make me gag unless they are cooked...usually in an onion ring, but must crispy coating and soft onion.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I physically cannot eat fish/seafood. As an adult I've become intolerant to it, which sucks because my parents owned a fresh fish/seafood market when I was young and I ate it all the time. I crave it sometimes and have to remind myself of what happens when I eat it! LOL

Anything else I CAN eat but there are things I'd rather not. Mushrooms, pineapple, asparagus, okra, avocado (I want to like it SO BAD)...those fit in that category. :smiley:
  • DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been trying every food I could since I was a kid and can't think of anything I hate. There were a few that took some getting use to but I eat them today. My 7 siblings are so picky, it's hilarious to me and also sad that they "decide" they can't eat something because of trying it and hating it.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Donuts. I can taste the chemicals and it just grosses me out
  • dispatcher939
    dispatcher939 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I won't eat peanut butter, can't even stand the smell of it.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Liver, oysters, snails. Anything with peanut butter (yeah, I know). YUCK!