Binged for a week...help

Options
JonahUsin12
JonahUsin12 Posts: 12
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
22 (female)

Height 5'6.

I started at 163 pounds on March 2014 ... and as of today October 14, 2014 I am now 149... well, 2 weeks ago I got over a binge spree and the bloating went away and the scale went back to 147... Throughout my journey I been dropping inches more so than weight.

Now, since last week.. I went on a spree... I was eating mcdonalds, heavy bread... ice cream and just pretty much losing control. Now, to be honest... I don't know exactly how many calories I ate because I abandoned my calorie tracker(Not MFP) ... I had a junk food craving and one cheat day turned into a week.

I just ate a thin slice of cake and I feel like crying... I'm not going to make myself puke or anything.. but I just want to drink water and veggies all day... plus I am constipated.

Anyhow... I'm bloating definitely around the waist and stomach... I'm real gassy. Been popping tums and drinking water.

My shoulders are puffy, the back fat looks as if it's returning... when it was going away before.

Arm fat seems like it's returning... is it possible to bloat in arms??? How can i shake this?

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Go back to eating the foods you know are good for you. Start logging again. Forgive yourself. Move on.

You have made very good progress. Keep rolling over the occasional speed bump.

Next time you binge, try to keep logging everything. It may slow you down, or it may be a record you can refer to and find your particular weaknesses.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    ukaryote wrote: »
    Go back to eating the foods you know are good for you. Start logging again. Forgive yourself. Move on.

Next time you binge, try to keep logging everything. It may slow you down, or it may be a record you can refer to and find your particular weaknesses.

^^^ this ^^^ I will admit I have been "off the wagon" for about a month. Nothing I can do about it now except forgive and move forward.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Some great articles to encourage you. You are not alone:

http://authoritynutrition.com/food-addiction/

His free e-book has changed my life:

http://authoritynutrition.com/food-addiction/

Of course, I've been doing tons of my own nutrition research over the last 10 months or so, and this evidence-based approach lines up with everything I've already been learning and changing in diet. Reading this book was like the final step toward freedom. What I'm saying is... change is hard, it's a process, and it takes time. Daily practice, baby steps, forgiveness, acceptance, self-love, self-care... all of these concepts are essential.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I love this ---> "don't let a bad day turn into a bad week then into a bad month and finally into a bad year."

I don't know where I heard that but I follow it and it works!
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I also fell off for a week last week. I was at my lowest weight EVER. Then the monthly visitor reared its ugly head and I caved, and caved and caved. A week later, weighing 10 more pounds (hoping mostly water) I am back from feeling so yucky. I just decided that I needed to do the next right thing.

You know what to do. If it was easy we would all fit and healthy. I am disappointed in my own behavior but proud that I am not starting over from my highest weight and I know what healthy, happy, and fit feel like.

Enjoy the ride.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options

You may think: "Oh no, I am at/over my starting weight!" You won't be the first nor the last. I also bounced.

Next time you binge, try to continue logging everything. It may slow you down, or it may be a record you can refer to and find your particular weaknesses.
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Did you learn anything from it? Any idea why it happened? Were you feeling deprived?hungry?emotional?

Knowing the cause is a part of prevention. If you felt deprived, try to incorporate a bit into your weekly plan (as much as your calories allow). If you were just hungry, try upping your calories a bit. If it was emotional, try to think of something else you could do instead-journaling, walking, talking to a friend....
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I have been reverting back to my old habit of nocturnal grazing. Getting back on the wagon is the key. Binged for a week is recoverable, binged for a month is tough, binged for a year is not. Let's both nip it in the bud.
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Forgive and forget and start over! Stop thinking about yesterday and start thinking about today! You got this :)