No Carb Diet

Options
Is a no carb diet and two protein shakes a day a healthy diet.

Replies

• Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No. Simply put, you will not get the vitamins and minerals that you need and there isn't any need to reduce carbs that far for any reason.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    When you say no carb, do you really mean low carb? Will you be eating fruits and veggies but just cutting out things like bread? Also, protein shakes are not meant to be meal substitutes, they're supplements. Eat real food within yuor calorie limits and you'll probably be much happier and healthier.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    no (changed comment)
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    LeonCX wrote: »
    I smell the T word....

Turkey?
  • gravrokr
    gravrokr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can achieve much success in your weight loss efforts by keeping your carbs low, but not at zero. With a minimum number of carbs you will still lose weight, but you won't feel like crap doing it. I keep mine at 50. That allows me to have a number of vegetables, and an ATkins bar or a piece of fruit, and keeps me sane, but still losing. Hope this helps.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    that would be a no ..

I mean are you really going to eat no bread, no vegetables, etc.?????

this has got to be a troll thread..but I am in ...
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

this has got to be a troll thread..but I am in ...
    Well, I thought as much, but decided not to.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    "17 pounds to lose" :confused:
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Some people have good success on a "low" carb diet not eating some foods like pasta, rice, breads. But, they still do eat other carbs like fruits and veggies. (I am not describing that well)

What you are describing doesn't sound healthy. I don't think you would get the nutrients and possibly the calories you need. You don't need to eliminate any food from your diet unless you have a health reason.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    cbond808 wrote: »
    Is a no carb diet and two protein shakes a day a healthy diet.

With 17 pounds to lose set MFP (My Fitness Pal) to 1/2 or 1 pound a week loss and eat foods that you like.....up to the calorie amount provided.

You're new to this site, so I'll give you a couple pointers.....the great thing about this site is that it is designed for you to log foods you have eaten. This forces you to look at your portions. People don't gain weight because they eat carbs.....they gain because they eat too much food....any kind of food.

Learning portion control will not only help you lose weight, it will help you keep the weight from coming back.

The site is designed this way to encourage lifestyle changes. Meal replacement shakes are good in a pinch....but they don't teach you what you need to know about keeping weight off.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    rkalllison wrote: »
    I smell the T word....

I don't think so...she's 66 years old...lol. Maybe just new to the site...

Lol... Because trolls never lie about their age. :P

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    I smell the T word....

I don't think so...she's 66 years old...lol. Maybe just new to the site...

Lol... Because trolls never lie about their age. :P

:P back at ya...smh. I never said they don't but they also never have friends either on here...

You mean friend. One friend

• mitchfergustitus
    mitchfergustitus Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No, this isn't healthy at all. Complex carbs provide the energy we need to do our daily functions, provide fiber that helps us feel full, and aids in digestion. If you'll look at the recommendations for carbs, protein, fat, sugars, sodium, etc that MFP will give you once you key in your information such as weight, height, etc., that is a good starting place. I would recommend following that amount of food and then you may tweak it a little as you get further into the program. We all want quick results but the fact is that most of us didn't put on execess weight in short period of time so we need to be patient with seeing results. Following a structured eating plan that MFP provides can help us reach our goals in a healthy manner.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    no, eat any and everything you enjoy in moderation. Total calories are the best bet for weightloss.

29509743.png
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Um... No.