Hello everyone... hoping to get back in shape

Options
Hello everyone, my name is David, and I live in western PA. I really want to get back in shape. I have a sit down job, and spend a lot of time driving in a car... besides that I've always had a challenge with keeping weight off. I don't know what else to say, besides I'll take all the tips and encouragement I can get. Thanks.

Replies

• BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place.
  • ashtronomer
    ashtronomer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dave :)
    you're definitely taking a step in the right direction! CONGRADS!!
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Welcome, David! :) You've definitely come to the right place, as you can see by other comments, more than one person thinks so! :)
  • DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    There is so much new info out there online regarding sitting too much. Make sure you get up at least every hour and do something. When you get home, take a walk and make sure you get some resistance and strength training in. I don't live near a gym so we have free weights and many trails to walk/run. We also started a low carb, med protein, high fat diet recently and it is working. I don't get fatigued, I don't feel hungry and I am losing some weight I gained in the last couple years. Not sure what you mean about getting back in shape. For me it's just being fit and healthy, for my 35 yr old son, it's building muscle. Good luck!!
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome David, there are plenty of people here that can offer advice and motivation, they a a good crowd all pulling in the right direction. Welcome and good luck
  • Adubmarie87
    Adubmarie87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello David! Welcome! I wish to get back in shape as well. We can all help each other.