PAIN

Options
OKAY SO I HAVE BEEN WALKING ON MY TREADMILL STRAIGHT FOR 3 WEEKS NOW I HAVE SOME DAY THAT ARE GOOD AND SOME DAY WHEN ITS OKAY,, I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RUN FOR ABOUT A MINUTE EVERY 5MINUTES OF 10, I WALK/JOB USUALLY FOR 45 MINUTES EACH DAY AT A 3.0 SPEED. I WAS DOING MY EXERCISE EARLY IN THE MORNING BUT FOR SOMEREASON I SWITCH FOR THE EVENING. I NOTICE THAT ABOUT 2 DAYS AGO DOING MY EXERCISE I WAS TIRED, BUT WHEN I SAY TIRED I MEAN TIRED, NOT FROM DOING THE EXERCISE BUT JUST OVERALL TIRED I KIND PUSH MYSELF TO DO MY 45 MINUTES ROUTINE.
BUT LAST NIGHT HAD TO BEEN THE WORST I STARTED MY TREADMILL AND NOT ONLY DID I HAD TO STOP FEW TIMES TO GO USE THE LADIES ROOM BUT ALSO B/C MY LEGS WERE JUST GIVING UP ON ME. BUT I MANAGE TO FINISH MY 45 MINUTES I DIDN'T RUN JUST WALK ON THE 3.0 PACE ONCE I WAS FINISH I STRETCH AND WHEN TO TAKE A SHOWER :smile:
BUT THIS MORNING I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN RUN OVER BY A TRUCK MY LEGS ARE IN SO MUCH PAIN IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY AND MY LOWER BACK IS ALSO KILLING ME , BUT IT ISN'T LIKE SORENESS PAIN WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAD A GOOD WORKOUT IS PAIN. I DON'T KNOW WHY AND IT IS WORRING ME B/C I DON'T WANT TO OVER DO IT AND I HONESTLY DON'T THINK I AM BUT I DON'T WANT THIS TO STOP ME FROM GETTING MY WORKOUT DONE.
I HAD SEVERAL YEARS BACK THIS SIMMILAR PROBLEM, WHEN I USE TO GO WALKING IN THE MORNING A ND AFTER WALKING FOR 2 OR 3 BLOCKS I WILL JUST HAVE TO GO BACK HOME B/C MY LEGS JUST NOT WORKING WITH ME AND FEW DAYS LATER I WENT TO THE DR JUST TO FIND OUT THAT ONCE YOU GOING TO GET SICK WITH STREP IT TREAGS UR LEGS. I KIND OF FEEL LIKE (KNOCK ON WOOD) I MIGHT BE GETTING SICK BUT I DON'T KNOW.
I HAVE ALOT OF VERTICAL VEINS AND I ALSO THINK THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM IDK.
I AM VERY COMFUSE I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP BUT IF LAST NIGHT MY WORKOUT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO ACOMPLISH AND I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN TODAY I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT MY WORKOUT WITH BE LIKE TODAY.

I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE THIS SO LONG BUT ANY SUGGESTIONS OR THOUGHTS ON THIS WILL BE HELPFUL

6540321.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    A lot of things could cause this sort of exhaustion:

-Illness, like a virus or a cold

-Inusfficient caloric intake

-Not enough rest between workouts

-Poor diet--even if you are within your calories, you may not be getting the proper nutrients

-Even mild dehydration can make exercise seem much harder than it ought to be

If I were you, I'd definitely not exercise today or tomorrow. If you don't feel any better after that, you may want to see your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A lot of things could cause this sort of exhaustion:

-Illness, like a virus or a cold

-Inusfficient caloric intake

-Not enough rest between workouts

-Poor diet--even if you are within your calories, you may not be getting the proper nutrients

-Even mild dehydration can make exercise seem much harder than it ought to be

If I were you, I'd definitely not exercise today or tomorrow. If you don't feel any better after that, you may want to see your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon!

thanks so much for ur advice

6540321.png
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you could do a water workout? It kind of sounds like arthritis/joint issues to me (although I am NOT a doctor or medical person). Taking a second look at your diet is probably a good idea, too. Good luck!:smile:
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    First of all take a few days off so your body can get feeling better. Then make up a work out schedule with doing your workout for two or three days then a day off to rest. I have also had days where I just do not have the energy to workout with the gusto that I am used to taking a day off will make you feel stronger and make it easier to accomplish your goals. Nor will taking a day off here and there hinder your weight loss efforts.
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    Is there any way you could do a water workout? It kind of sounds like arthritis/joint issues to me (although I am NOT a doctor or medical person). Taking a second look at your diet is probably a good idea, too. Good luck!:smile:

Nope I wish I could I mean I have a pool but it istill not time quiet yet to open it. thankz for ur thoughts and advice

6540321.png
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    First of all take a few days off so your body can get feeling better. Then make up a work out schedule with doing your workout for two or three days then a day off to rest. I have also had days where I just do not have the energy to workout with the gusto that I am used to taking a day off will make you feel stronger and make it easier to accomplish your goals. Nor will taking a day off here and there hinder your weight loss efforts.

I usually do my exercise monday throw saturday with Sunday of rest, so I do rest for a day. Thankz for your advice

6540321.png
  • Gennienm
    Gennienm Posts: 14
    Options
    A quick thought here, do you do a warm up exercise first and then after your work out routine do you do stretching? Most important part of any exercise is the proper method before, during and after . . .if you just stop and do not stretch the muscles, lactose acids settle there and cause great pain. Does not have to be a long period of strecting, just properly done . . look into Leslie Sansone method of exercises for walking.
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    A quick thought here, do you do a warm up exercise first and then after your work out routine do you do stretching? Most important part of any exercise is the proper method before, during and after . . .if you just stop and do not stretch the muscles, lactose acids settle there and cause great pain. Does not have to be a long period of strecting, just properly done . . look into Leslie Sansone method of exercises for walking.

I was told to stretch after I am done with my workout, last night when I had to stop, to use the ladies room and b/c the pain was so much I didn't stretch, I just stop went to use the ladies room and continue. Ugh 0_o Thankz for advice I have the Leslie Sansone tapes I am going to look into it.

6540321.png
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sounds like pain referred from your back. Have you ever had a disc problem?
  • caat1rules
    caat1rules Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I totally agree. Try a 3 day split. 3 days on 1 day off.
  • lanenalatina
    Options

Yep I do, I have 3 disc discologated on my back and neck ugh I never thought of that thankz
  • lanenalatina
    Options

I totally agree. Try a 3 day split. 3 days on 1 day off.

Thankz for advice, I am going to take into consideration
  • Gennienm
    Gennienm Posts: 14
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Yep I do, I have 3 disc discologated on my back and neck ugh I never thought of that thankz

You need to follow up on your back and neck disc problems . . .any pain you have that radiates to other areas may be a serious issue . . get to a chiropractor and have x-rays and you may need an MRI as well to focus in on the areas.

Regarding my earlier post, I meant to say to do mild stretching after a workout, never on cold muscles.
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

You need to follow up on your back and neck disc problems . . .any pain you have that radiates to other areas may be a serious issue . . get to a chiropractor and have x-rays and you may need an MRI as well to focus in on the areas.

Yes I did but they said they could do much and that surgery with just make things worse

Regarding my earlier post, I meant to say to do mild stretching after a workout, never on cold muscles.