Trying again

Options
Hi, I’m Fred and this is actually my second time on this program. The first time was two years ago and I lost 17 pounds just by keeping track of calories. After I left, I gained all the weight back plus 5 more pounds. I started on Jenny Craig five weeks ago because it counts calories. I also restarted this program a few days ago. So far I have lost 16 pounds in 5 weeks and hope to keep it off this time using this program and going to the gym on a regular basis. I am 73.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow! Good luck, and welcome back to MFP. :)
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome back!!
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you first don't succeed try, try again! Number one rule," Don't ever give up"! Remember why you want to lose weight. The first reason should be for yourself, then for your health. I still have a lot to lose. I have lost 36 lbs. so far! I would love to encourage you in your weight loss journey if you will encourage me! My name is Marca and I am 63 years old. I will send you a request....

• Fredbruin
    Options
    Thank you, Marcia. I need all the friends and support I can get. Congratulations on losing 36 pounds. Keep it up. It’s nice to see I am not alone in this struggle.
  • 123readytogo
    Options
    good luck and may I say u are awesome 16 pounds in 5 weeks is great ....
  • Fredbruin
    Options
    The first 10 were easy. The next 6 were much tougher. The last 14 are going to be like the Battle of the Bulge, but I will win the fight.
  • jerameylovinglife
    jerameylovinglife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    good luck, i am also coming back and i lost weight and gained it back. so i am with you. the hardest thing for me is that i am a Truck driver. i work heard every day, but i don't work physical so there is the problem. but i'm not giving up at all. good luck you you.
  • Fredbruin
    Options
    Jeramey, my brother is a truck driver (UPS) and he likes to juice to control his weight. It seems to work for him. He also jogs whenever he has a chance. Good luck to you.