Hobbies

Options
craftylatvian
craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
I was wondering what other hobbies you enjoy during your free time.
I knit, shoot handguns, do some mixed media art journaling, cook and play with my cats.

Replies

• SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I read, take pictures and scrapbook...I work full time and go to school part time, so I don't have much time for hobbies anymore :*(
  • sandman27959
    Options
    I'm converting an old Greyhound bus into an RV.
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love reading, esp vampire type novels! (Maybe kinda lame but I LOVE it!) I like doing crafty stuff--working on a scrapbook, beading necklaces, re-doing my junky furniture, just making stuff and getting a little creative in general. I like gardening--well I like pretty things to grow in my yard but I sometimes fail to put forth the needed effort! I really enjoying cooking (although I'm having to rethink my approach there). I really enjoy good tv and movies. And I love traveling--nice long trips, short day trips, far away places and near places I haven't seen before. I'm just an enjoyer of good times, with friends and family, new and old. :)
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I play my guitar when I have the time. You shoot handguns?! Wow!
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy photography. I also do some hiking! :smile:
  • redtrain
    redtrain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ride a road bicycle and raise a four year old
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I use to crochet toys for baby cousins. I don't do it anymore since they've all grown up. Nowadays I refashion clothes, play the piano and guitar. I like to cycle a lot with my sketchbook and DSLR camera to visit new areas and go to art galleries.

s4.jpg
    bunfront.jpg
  • DocDj1966
    Options
    I love to read. Some weeks I read around 1,000 pages. I have a little Shi-tzu, her name is Abby Buttercup.
    She is an absolute joy' I'm just getting back into playing the piano and singing. I love
    music, I use to Dj a little. I'm trying to set up my DJ program now with a new data base of music.
    My other major time involvement is attending a Greek Orthodox Church. I am to have my
    Chrismation on June 12th, Pentecost Sunday. I live 52 miles from the church I attend. I am disabled and retired.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i like studying foreign languages in my free time :D i loooove painting, cross-stitch embroidery, and reading. cooking is also a big hobby, and i wanna open up a restaurant one day if i can!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I sing (used to be a career, but is now a hobby), read, do gardening and take a lot of photos.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    reading, when i get a chance:smile:
  • pscullari
    Options
    I love to scrapbook and read. It helps to clear my mind. Other than that not too much free time.
  • pscullari
    Options
    Those are awesome. You could probably sell them at consignment stores for children's clothing. (Side business).
  • craftylatvian
    Options
    I use to crochet toys for baby cousins. I don't do it anymore since they've all grown up. Nowadays I refashion clothes, play the piano and guitar. I like to cycle a lot with my sketchbook and DSLR camera to visit new areas and go to art galleries.

s4.jpg
    bunfront.jpg

These are so cute!!! I have a crochet book, Creepy Cute Crochet that is full of fun patterns.
  • craftylatvian
    Options
    I play my guitar when I have the time. You shoot handguns?! Wow!

I have only been shooting for about 2 years, and I love it! It is a great stress reliever and you would be surprised how many women shoot for sport. I don't hunt and did not grow up around hunters/guns and if you said to me 2 years ago I would own 3 guns and love shooting, I would have said you are crazy. I just tried it, loved it and even joined a competitive shooting league.
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves motorcycles. I get in as many miles on the bike that the weather permits!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    im sad but i dont have time for hobbies i work full time and go to school full time and the rest is home work. but when i do get time im going to take salsa dance lessons, and hopefully join the choir
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Can someone give me ideas! I feel like I dont have a hobby?! x
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Who has time for hobbies these days... between MFP calorie counting, keeping up with the blogs and message boards and then oh yeah the exercising.... I have no time.

.......and I forgot to add in my two girls and all their extra activities like girl scouts and ballet, the two dogs and three cats and last but not least the husband - we enjoy a little saucy and spicy hobby :blushing:
  • JACQinthebox
    Options
    Cycling my bike round the park with the sun shining and my ipod blaring.

I'm trying to get in to some martial arts now as well. There's nothing like walking down the street knowing you could defend yourself if you had to. Going to a self defence class tonight actually. Bring it on :)