Favorite Meal Prep?

Options
Hi!

I am looking for some lunch meal prep ideas. I've been eating the same meal prep for about two months and have just started to get sick of it.

My current meal prep consists of boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in whole grain mustard and baked, 1/4 cup of a whole grain rice and quinoa blend, and sautéed yellow squash, cauliflower, and some kind of green. Lately it's been bok boy. It's a delicious meal, but I'm looking to change it up!

What is your favorite meal prep for lunch?

Replies

• annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Carnita bowl I bought the Tyson's per-seasoned for carnitas pork shoulder and cooked it for 4 hours in the crock pot, served it over cilantro lime rice, black beans, shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes, with a little mozzarella cheese. It is very filling, lasts quite a while and can be versatile... I used the meat in a wrap with bbq sauce, and on a sandwich.
    The carnitas bowl is 523Cal 67carbs 12fat 38protien 1,050 sodium 5sugars.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I mostly bring some type of leftovers. Today I'm having tuna salad made with leftover tuna steak from dinner. Yesterday, I had leftover chili.
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Tuna bean salad - made it on Sunday and am having it for lunch 3 days in a row. Really tasty, filling, and just over 300 calories.

-2 tins haricot beans
    -2 tins tuna
    -50g black olives in brine, drained and halved
    -1 tbs capers
    -4 anchovy fillets in oil
    -20 baby plum tomatoes, halved
    -1 tbs olive oil
    -1 tbs lemon juice
    - fresh basil and parsley, chopped

Mix beans, tuna, olives, tomatoes, herbs in a large bowl.
    Put anchovy fillets and olive oil in a small pan, heat until anchovies start to break down, mush with a fork. Add capers and lemon to pan, mix it up then pour over the rest of the salad.

Weigh everything together, divide by 3, weigh into 3 separate containers for lunch.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im like the most boring meal prepper EVER!!!! Easy does it for me! Usually some chicken breast with brown rice or broccoli/Green beans. These two days I am doing the usual chicken and broccoli, along with some ground turkey zucchini spaghetti and organic marinara sauce. I also added some whole grain angel hair to add some carbs if I am lacking.
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like prepping Mason Jar salads. I make 3 per week. I take them to work or eat them when I dont feel like cooking at home... its nice. They have so many ways to make them online that I have tried new ones all the time...
  • meikab22
    meikab22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie Chicken or a baked chicken:
    Mon = shredded chicken on bed of greens, tomato and dressing
    Tues = Easy Chicken Salad (made with Greek yogurt and grapes or apples-yummy)
    Wed = chicken wrap: shredded chicken, chopped red & green bell peppers, avocado slices and light mayo or hummus
    Thurs = Remaining chicken on a sandwich, whole wheat bread, lettuce tomato, cheese, light mayo or mashed avocado
    And for Friday = either I'm tired of the chicken or it's all gone; I'll order out a chef salad or bring something leftover from home
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Carnita bowl I bought the Tyson's per-seasoned for carnitas pork shoulder and cooked it for 4 hours in the crock pot, served it over cilantro lime rice, black beans, shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes, with a little mozzarella cheese. It is very filling, lasts quite a while and can be versatile... I used the meat in a wrap with bbq sauce, and on a sandwich.
    The carnitas bowl is 523Cal 67carbs 12fat 38protien 1,050 sodium 5sugars.

This sounds amazing!!!
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    8 ounces chicken breast (weighed uncooked)
    6 ounces sweet potatoe (weighed cooked)
    1 cup of veggies

12 lbs of chicken breast go into the oven followed by 5 lbs of sweet potatoes. Makes for a lot of lunches. :D
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I bring a lot of leftovers for my lunch. It sounds like you are interested in prepping meals ahead - one thing I do is chicken breasts in the crockpot with a jar of salsa (either red or green) and then I shred that and use it for burrito bowls, enchilada filling, or throw it in some chicken broth with corn, can of rotel, other spices and it makes great tortilla soup.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I also recently tried a recipe from Pinterest that I had kind of turned my nose up at originally but it was so good, and would be easy to make ahead and take the leftovers for lunch.

In a 9x13 pan in 3 vertical rows you put: New Potatoes cut into chunks, 4 chicken breasts, and a bag of fresh green beans. Then sprinkle a packet of good season italian dressing (dry) over the whole thing, melt a stick of butter and pour over the whole thing. Bake for an hour in the oven on 350. The whole family really enjoyed that one.
  • klsynosch
    klsynosch Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/2838693-Olive-Garden-Minestrone-Soup

i made this sunday and had it for my dinner, and it is now my lunch for the week! it is so yummy! i used 1 less can of beans than it called for and entered it in as a recipe and the calories ended up being 246 per 1 1/2 cups of soup. paired with an apple and 1/2 roll!
  • sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    meikab22 wrote: »
    Tues = Easy Chicken Salad (made with Greek yogurt and grapes or apples-yummy)

I never thought to make chicken salad with greek yogurt! Yum! Thank you!

• sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    And thanks everyone, great suggestions!
  • HopeKasrai
    HopeKasrai Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like to do chicken salad (with greek yogurt & dijon mustard and tons of celery). It stays good for a whole week and is really filling. We also prep breakfasts a lot (baked egg cups with whatever veggies we have lying around, or homemade mcmuffins, etc.) and I actually end up using those as lunch during the week sometimes. Soups, stews, and chilis are also easy to make and keep great in the freezer (and are perfect for the upcoming cooler temps!). My husband loves to do a nice marinated grilled chicken on top of quinoa or couscous with lots of veggies (especially home-roasted peppers, avocados, beans, and corn). This is really filling and super easy! We have found it stores just fine when mixed up (except the avocado!). Pre-sliced and measured smoothie bags are awesome too especially if you are using greens. They do much better in the blender if they are frozen. And if you like brussels sprouts, they keep surprisingly well in the fridge after roasting. I love to add them to my lunch... but they can be a little smelly haha! Hope some of those help! Good ideas here!
  • sweating_for_wedding
    Options
    HopeKasrai wrote: »
    I like to do chicken salad (with greek yogurt & dijon mustard and tons of celery). It stays good for a whole week and is really filling. We also prep breakfasts a lot (baked egg cups with whatever veggies we have lying around, or homemade mcmuffins, etc.) and I actually end up using those as lunch during the week sometimes. Soups, stews, and chilis are also easy to make and keep great in the freezer (and are perfect for the upcoming cooler temps!). My husband loves to do a nice marinated grilled chicken on top of quinoa or couscous with lots of veggies (especially home-roasted peppers, avocados, beans, and corn). This is really filling and super easy! We have found it stores just fine when mixed up (except the avocado!). Pre-sliced and measured smoothie bags are awesome too especially if you are using greens. They do much better in the blender if they are frozen. And if you like brussels sprouts, they keep surprisingly well in the fridge after roasting. I love to add them to my lunch... but they can be a little smelly haha! Hope some of those help! Good ideas here!

So much help! Thank you!
  • meghanbefit
    meghanbefit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I've been on a pork salad kick lately. I grill and cube three porkchops at the weekend, then each day I assemble a salad with a spinach/arugula base, quartered strawberries, half a chop's worth of the cubed pork, a little honey mustard, and a sprinkle of slivered almonds. All I have to do for prep is mix a big bowl of the spinach & arugula, prep the chops, and quarter the berries. (Well, and mix the honey mustard, but I only have to do that every couple of weeks.)
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    We made this chili this week to take for lunches. Awesome on it's own or over a baked potato. http://www.cookingforbabe.com/2015/01/babes-beef-chili.html