Another new face...

Options
hi everyone. I'm a 21 year old graphic designer from New Zealand, and I'm sick of being the funny girl with the pretty face. So I'm taking charge and I'm changing my lifestyle and my habits and I'm taking the bulge on head on!! I have a big target, but I know with a little perseverance and hard work that I can absolutely achieve it.

For me the biggest hurdle is getting to the gym... Once I'm there I'm okay, but I lead a pretty hectic lifestyle and there is always something else that I could be doing other than the gym. But I'm trying to make it a Priority because I know it needs to be. I also have a super sweet tooth so cutting out the candy and junk food is also testing... But I guess I have to just make like Nike and just do it.

So here's my hello to you, and my goodbye to the weight.

X

Replies

• martin01234
    Options
    hi, i,m gill will you be my diet buddy :).welcome to the first step to getting fit n fab :).:drinker: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a very positive, encouraging place to be. Here's to reaching your goals!:drinker:
  • dennypup
    dennypup Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yay! You came to the right place!!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome tillzie! I joined this month also because I was looking for a good food database for counting calories. Saw how positive people were and the articles and stories posted about real people who struggle everyday some with success some well they're trying to find direction. I have enjoyed the positive feedback and I hope you will too. Good luck though I feel through your words that you're already half way there. The biggest change comes in our thoughts not our diets.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl, WELCOME! I too just joined this week. I have not had luck in the dating game and its really taken a toll on my body. I eat b/c I'm sad and alone. I'm hoping to kick it out of my system starting now! I recently bought a treadmill and try to do 30 minutes a day. WE can do this! We DESERVE happiness!:bigsmile:
  • girliegirl14
    girliegirl14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi New Zealand! Sounds like you're taking control! Good for you! Like Irene, I just joined this month (this week really) to count calories, as I honestly had no idea how much I was in taking. I have found this place to be so positive. I'm a 42 years old mother of 3 and fell off the "healthy lifestyle" wagon about a year ago so to speak. I too have a very hectic life as most of us do, but just taking the stairs in the beginning is better than nothing. Always remember to be honest, but kind to yourself. This is a long, hard journey but so worth it and it seems you've found a good place to be! Good luck!

btw, my 4 year old is studying New Zealand at her Montessori school and is always coming home with some amazing facts about your beautiful country!
  • chaparra81
    Options
    Welcome my friend. I also have a super sweet tooth. Moderation is the key to this life journey. This is an awesome site most of us feel and get all the support from friends that we have never met since we are all in this healthier lifestyle together. My advice to anyone would be don't see is as a diet see as a lifestyle when you have a bad day which most of us do just start fresh with the next meal. See you around!
  • chaparra81
    Options
    Are you able to work out before your busy day starts??
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello there and good luck, feel free to add me if your looking for friends!