Hi, I'm new - Is everyone really losing as much weight as th

Options
Hey, I'm new to MFP. I started 4/25/11 - I've got a LONG way to go to reach my goal weight. I'm kind of excited about it after reading and see that people are losing 100+ lbs...Are people losing that without weight loss surgery? How does everyone stay motivated? I'm 33 years old and have about 132lbs to lose. Anyone in a similiar situation?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome and yes! I have lost 60 so far and have 60-70 to go. It is a long process. You will have good and bad days just don't let the bad days derail you! It does not matter how many times you fall what matters is how many times you get back up! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello Shirls,

Don't worry you'll get there. You might have to tweak something here and there along the way, but you'll get the hang of it :D I'm aiming for a total loss of 52 lbs and the first 20 or so just melted off of me. I'm 14 lbs away from reaching my goal that seemed so far away and I hope to get there by Mid June. Just remember its the little things that matter. Eventually they become 2nd nature and eventually the little things will add up. Don't lose hope and just keep moving along. The weight will fluctuate from time to time, but the steady loss will be there. Remember the goal is to lose inches, so try not to focus so much on the lbs :D

I wish you the best of luck!
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Shirls1129 It is possible but it does take time and patience.

@ alypri. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. keep up the great work
  • MintyStarshine
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :D

We actually have common weight loss goals! At least in regards to the amount we want to lose anyway. My goal is to get to 180lbs from 310lbs. I might set another goal of around 140-150 after that, but I think 180 is a good place to aim for right now.

I want to lose weight without surgery, no matter how much it takes. I don't want risky surgery, throwing up if I eat just a little too much, scars, and leftover skin from the weight loss. I've had three friends get gastric bypass surgery and, while I'm really happy that they lost the weight, I don't really like how the extra skin and stuff looks. Other than that, surgery scares me out of my mind.

Want to add me? Goals like ours take willpower and support to overcome. We might just need each other! :D
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Hello. I have a very similar situation. I'm 39 and want to lose about 100 more lbs. I've lost about 30 in the past year, gaining about half that back over the holidays and winter. I am back on the weight loss wagon and going strong. I've lost just over 10 lbs in the past 5 weeks with the help of a friendly "Biggest Loser" contest with some friends. Over the years I've gained and lost hundreds of lbs, but I've never give up. Keep trying things until you find what works. Right now I am using the 17 Day Diet and really like it. I've also been working out on my wii and plan to start walking now that it's getting warmer.

Enjoy the site, its wonderful and so are the friends we make here.
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    I just started 3 days ago and I wanna lose about 130 lbs too! My fiance is in afganistan and comes back in october so I have been trying really hard to lose as much as possible but still eating healthy. This site is great I have been looking for something to help me out and keep me motivated for the next five months so I think this site will be amazing for that. If you ever need some help don't hesitate on messaging me if you want. Good luck!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi i have lost 35.5 pounds so far and have another 75 to go ! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want to ! We can all support each other !
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Shirls1129 It is possible but it does take time and patience.

@ alypri. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. keep up the great work

Thanks! Yes I plan to keep going forward! I've worked way to hard and come so far in so many ways besides just physical appearance to go back to where I was!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I started with about 108 to lose, and it hasn't been quick or easy, but definitely achievable. I'm so pleased (and motivated) to have the half-way (or weigh.....) point in my sights.

I'm sure you can do whatever you set your mind to.
  • nicolej216
    Options
    Hello and welcome to mfp .Feel free to add me as a freind .I started 32 days ago i am staying under on my cal i eat clean 90% of the time but i also have three kids so there is time when i have to eat out just make good choicies .I have lost 18 pounds this month i am working out 6 days a week for one hour .I try to eat atleast 1200 net cal.Good luck on your journey .O i have 124 pounds to lose.