An extra sweet birthday hell! *Help!*

Options
The good thing: Today is my B-Day!:smile:
The bad: My co-workers brought me a red velvet cake :explode:
The worst: I’m not even craving cake, and now I have to cut and eat it???

This cake is haunting me! It was made at a local bakery so I don’t even know what the hell is in it!!!! What should I do? They are expecting me to eat at least a piece…help!:sad:

Replies

• PolyTeine
    PolyTeine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    First, Happy B-day ... and I would just eat a small piece. Cut everyone else's cake then you cut yourself a very small piece just to show appreciation. That's what I woud do.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It it was me I would eat a small slice. It is your birthday after all.x
    Happy Birthday x
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Thank them, take a small piece and explain that you will be having another cake later at home so you need to pace yourself. (Even if that's not true!) As long as you take a piece, they'll all be happy.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others...just cut a small piece, eat a few bites and when nobody is looking, put your napkin over the top and pitch it. Then tell everyone how yummy it was :laugh:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday :flowerforyou: :drinker:

As for the cake, you could either have a small peice, take it to your office, cubicle and when no one is looking dispose of it. :wink:

You could enjoy the fact that it is your birthday and enjoy a small piece of cake.

If you have other plans for cake and dinner tonight, just tell everyone that you appreciate it, and will cut it and watch them enjoy it, but you will be saving the calories for later today.

Next time something comes up where a cake might be presented in your honor let them know you would rather them not do a cake.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! And I agree with the others
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!
    Sometimes I don't even eat cake for my own birthday.. it's just not my thing. I'm sure if you take a piece and say you are saving it for after lunch, or a snack later tonight, they won't think a thing. Or, if you really do want a piece, take a tiny sliver and ENJOY! One piece of cake isn't going to send off into the deep end... unless you think it will make you want sweets all the time..
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Obligatory calories such as these don't count :wink:

Seriously though, I would cut a small piece. Maybe next time there's a birthday in the office you can set a new example by bringing in a fruit plate or something that's both nutritious and delicious.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    happy birthday

secondly, if it's made at a local bakery, it's a good thing. (I'd be more worried about something that came out of a box at the store)

third, EAT A SLICE OF CAKE! One won't kill you. It's your special day. You're entitled. You could slice it for all of them, and then put your slice aside for later. They'll understand. You're the birthday girl. Your wishes will be honored ;)
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My birthday was last week. Hubby bought a cake for me. Had a small piece, ate well the rest of the day...no harm done. There are no bad foods.....everything in moderation. Id rather have a small piece of cake than Ramen Noodles. Those scare me!!! LOL....Happy Birthday!!!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday :bigsmile: I'd eat a piece of cake and say to hell with it to be honest. There are going to be times when you eat things that you normally wouldn't. As long as they're only occasional it shouldn't be an issue.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It's your birthday! Celebrate and eat a piece of cake! It won't harm you!