Nursing Mama's on losing weight.

Options
Inspiration and motivation to losing the baby weight. What's your advice or tips?

Replies

• StephanieDianeDunn
    Options
    If you're losing weight gained from giving birth, whether breastfeeding or formula feeding, I'd love to add you for moral support and motivation!
  • Sherilose
    Options
    Hey, my baby is 11 months old. I am still feeding her but am also supplying with formula. I need to drop about 10kg.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie! I am a nursing mama (to an almost 1 year old). It took me about 9 months to lose the baby weight. How old is your baby? My advice would be to relax and establish a good milk supply and don't cut calories too much right away.. eat when you are hungry (keep nutritious snacks around), drink lots of water. I added about 400 extra calories to my intake, worked out 30 min a day (yoga, circuit training and weights) and lots of walking with the little one. You can add me if you want :)
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. My baby is 11 weeks, and I am nursing and trying to lose the last 10-15 lbs.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My LO will be 11 months on the 26th. I just weaned myself off from Pumping for the past 10 1/2 months. I work full-time and have 4 boys under the age of 10. I lost 40lbs before I got pregnant and I have about 15 lbs to lose to get back to that weight. I'm then hoping to lose another 10-15 lbs. While I was pumping, I was making sure that I ate enough calories back from pumping. I was able to do this because I did know exactly how many calories I burned. If I didn't do that, my body was starving for food. I slowly added in exercises over these past few months. Walking, running, some cardio. I didn't want my supply to tank, so I was careful. Now that I've weaned, I started working out 4x per week for about 30 min. That is all about what I can do now with working full-time and having 4 kids. So, I'm slowly but surely getting back on the wagon!!! Add me if you like. :D
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i'm still nursing my two year old, finally the nursing munchies have gone away and i'm able to lose more easily...

You can add me if you'd like!

Just make sure you're eating enough, you really shouldn't drop below 1800 calories as a nursing mother.
  • grlnxtdr99
    Options
    My baby is 6 weeks and I lost the baby weight, but not the size.