Reps not time

Options
For exercises like Sit-ups can I enter reps instead of time? Obviously that changes the calories burned.

Replies

• Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there was a place to put reps!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to accomplish? Tracking your workouts, or burning calories?
  • russellvh
    Options
    My main goal is to lose weight but when entering exercise I would like to track improvement. If It's not possible then I will just enter time.
  • russellvh
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    I didn't even know there was a place to put reps!

Thats what I am asking. Is there a way?
  • Lifts4IceCream
    Lifts4IceCream Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Track reps.
  • russellvh
    Options
    HOW
  • WolverhamptonFitness
    Options
    pen and paper :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    russellvh wrote: »
    My main goal is to lose weight but when entering exercise I would like to track improvement. If It's not possible then I will just enter time.

MFP is a horrible way to keep track of workouts- it's okay at keeping track of calories- and calories burned- but I would invest in a notebook- or download an app- far more efficient and it will make you less crazy.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

MFP is a horrible way to keep track of workouts- it's okay at keeping track of calories- and calories burned- but I would invest in a notebook- or download an app- far more efficient and it will make you less crazy.

Agreed. I use the BodySpace app from bodybuilding.com to keep track of my workouts--you can track progress on there as well.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    HOW

You can enter them as strength training (not cardio) and it should allow you to track lifts, reps, etc. But as others have said... there are better ways to track progress.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    HOW

I keep a spreadsheet. Track all my workouts and add notes if needed. I never delete so I can always go back and look at past results

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You can track reps under strength exercises - instead of putting it under cardio.
    But it doesn't calculate calories for strength training in MFP.