where are the young people trying to loose weight?

Options
hey girls/guys.
im emily and im 17. i was thinking of starting a 10 week program for us youngies trying to loose weight and get fit. this program will be suited to people aged 17-35. ill include an hours worth of exercises to do each day and every friday we can have a weigh in, meausure our waists and measure our BMI's.

let me know whos intrested and if you have any ideas, id like to try and get it up and running by monday (2nd may 11).

:tongue:

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Since you are supposed to be 18 to be on the site, you mightbe hard pressed to find people under 18.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    :laugh: I saw your topic so I clicked on it and thought "young, that applies to me!" and then I saw the ages. :sad: I guess I have to face the fact that youth is leaving me behind! :grumble:
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Woohoo 23! I'm in :)
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I saw your topic so I clicked on it and thought "young, that applies to me!" and then I saw the ages. :sad: I guess I have to face the fact that youth is leaving me behind! :grumble:

Ditto - I just did that too!! :sad:
    I thought I was young... perhaps not anymone
  • thinrose45
    Options
    haha ooh sorry well i suppose the age limit can be change, would 35 be better?
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Im young, im only 30 :P
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Im in!

Only thing is, i already weigh in on Sunday and dont want to measure my waist so often....
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'm 24! I'm in! woo hoo :drinker:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm not young even though I've been 29 for the last 10 years LMAO!

I just wanted to say track your body fat % instead of your BMI. Someone can have a low BMI and still be skinny fat. If you are looking to keep it tight and tone then tracking your body fat % would be better suited.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Dang, I still don't make the cut. I feel young though. :tongue:
  • thinrose45
    Options
    alright all you ideas sound fantastic! how does this sound...
    sunday night is our weigh in night, we can either calculate our body fat percentage (which means measuring the narrow part of our waist, belly button part of our waist, hips and neck and then calculating that with our height and gender) or we can calculate our BMI (which is just our weight and height). ill also try to put this all into a table and update it each week. sunday nights i will also make a daily exercise program for us to follow which will get harder as the weeks progress.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Sounds good - I would prefer the BMI - the body fat thing just confuses me....What if we can't do the fitness prog or have our own?
  • thinrose45
    Options
    you can do your own program, ive got one of my own programs also. i was just going to make one for those who dont have one, but i dont no how hard to make it, so if people can let me know how hard theyd like it that would be great.
    also i have to try and figure out how to insert the table so you can all see it
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    I'm not exactly young a - but within your guidelines at 27- so I'm up for it. I'll check back for details once there a solid plan. :smile:
  • fifibox
    fifibox Posts: 69
    Options
    Count me in!!! I'm a bit younger then my profile says to hehe
  • fifibox
    fifibox Posts: 69
    Options
    you can do your own program, ive got one of my own programs also. i was just going to make one for those who dont have one, but i dont no how hard to make it, so if people can let me know how hard theyd like it that would be great.
    also i have to try and figure out how to insert the table so you can all see it

The only way you can do it is if people send u their email addresses and you email the table to them. I'll msg u mine now :-)
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    im in!! let me know what i need to do
  • LaughingStraightToDaBank
    Options
    Is it too late to join? Also, I'm 16, just a little away from 17. Is that okay?
  • maryhappy456
    maryhappy456 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me in...I'll check back for details! I'm a youngsie;)
  • jillmeyer88
    Options
    I would like to join as well! I'm 21 so I fit the description lol.:laugh: