Keeping Motivated

Options
Generally i get into a buzz about eating clean i.e lots of greens salads grilled chicken, fish ect. But keeping motivated I think is a lot of peoples problems. Some people expect by doing 100 sit ups a day can get you a six pack in no time, but in actual fact YES it might make your abs stronger but abs are built in the kitchen and by what you consume on a daily basis. I find that I can diet well and my abs will come out on show but than all of a sudden i start eating what i want again (loosing my abs and being back at square one) Does anyone feel the same?
Interested to see what others think and suggest?

Replies

• emmabanks87
    emmabanks87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Generally i get into a buzz about eating clean i.e lots of greens salads grilled chicken, fish ect. But keeping motivated I think is a lot of peoples problems. Some people expect by doing 100 sit ups a day can get you a six pack in no time, but in actual fact YES it might make your abs stronger but abs are built in the kitchen and by what you consume on a daily basis. I find that I can diet well and my abs will come out on show but than all of a sudden i start eating what i want again (loosing my abs and being back at square one) Does anyone feel the same?
    Interested to see what others think and suggest?

100% fact!!! you could spend hours in the gym and go home and binge for the rest of it (yep ive done it!!) 20% exercise 80% Nutrition all the way :)
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I used to believe the 100/20 rule. In my opinion it is 99% diet 1% excersize.
  • markwaldron370
    Options
    i do believe exercise plays a great role too but its just annoying when you work hard in the gym do cardio weights abs and than you go home have a chocolate or take away and all that work is gone out the window