30 Day Shred have rest days?

Options
I was thinking on getting the 30 day shred but want to know about the intensity of the program. Does it have planned rest days? If so how many? Or is it just a full straight 30 days of exercise? I know alot of people tweek it and change it but I want to know about how it was originally planned to be used

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    think its supposed to be straight 30 days, im on l3 d3 and have done it straight:smile:
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    There are no built in rest days. The idea is to do it for 30 consecutive days for maximum results. I missed a few days due to illness and laziness and that's ok with me.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You can have rest days. I suggest you do have atleast 1. It is planned as a 30 day workout plan. It does not have to be 30 days straight. It does not have rest days planned in. I am on my 2nd round of the 30DS and I am planning on having the weekends off.
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just recently started the Shred (on day 7) and I took a rest day yesterday. The dvd is really kind of vague on what to do, it just says it has 3 levels and to progress from each Level when you feel comfortable. I know I have alot of people say on here that they had done each level for 10 days and then moved on (not mentioning rest days). And I have also seen where others did each level for 30 days, for a less intense experience, but still getting up and moving. I would say if you start the Shred, just do whatever feels comfortable to you. I decided to take a rest from it because my upper thighs have been super sore and I thought each day that I did it they would loosen up and feel a bit better but they didn't, so I took the rest and they feel better today, I think that's what I needed. Hope this helps :) And good luck!!
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am not sure. I take a rest day because even Jillian says that you should not exercise more than 6 days a week. You need a day to rest. But i think its up to you.
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did it 5/6 days a week and worked great! I wasn't sure either but found I needed a break to keep me motivated! I added in some other cardio/strength alongside it as the workouts only last 20 mins but they are effective!

Go with what you feel ok with and good luck!

:flowerforyou:
  • laurenlei
    laurenlei Posts: 96
    Options
    I was planning on doing it every day but i also go to the gym, run and do gym classes so i dont really have the time to do it every day. I think im on day 8 but have missed 2 days within that. I try and do it every day if i can (so im at least doing some exercise everyday) but i didnt do it yesterday as I went to the gym.

If you do other activities like myself, i think its fine to miss days. If the shred is the only thing you are doing i would try and do it everyday to get maximum results
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I know people that just do it 6 days a week,and still saw results. I completed 16 days in 18 days before I was unable to do anymore ( school and work got too stressful) and I saw results even from that. Hopefully restarting on Sunday though :)
  • karen415
    karen415 Posts: 55
    Options
    I was so sore after the first day I couldn't do day 2 uggh, so i am gonna try every other day until I can keep up. its my knees that are the problem, I had surgury a few years ago.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Everyone's fitness level is different. you need to work within your fitness level. You will build strength with this program. The more times you do it, the stronger you will get.

Go for it! I am on D5 and I took a break between D4 and D5 (yesterday)
  • taylor82
    taylor82 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks alot everyone, you have been a big help! I definatly am going to give it a try!