4 stone lost (56 pounds!) - But need advice

Options
Hello all,

I have not been using this excellent forum since I first found it years ago, which is a big shame as I wish I had kept a log, pics ETC
Anyway I have been dieting hard along with exercise all year really on and off, and I have ended up loosing 4 stone!
I was a 34"+ waist size which has now shrank to about 29/28" :D, and no belly what so ever when stood up straight - First time ever in my life and it feels fantastic

Anyway, I am now left with a little pouch of skin around the belly area, its all wrinkly if bending in the middle and sags down if in the press-up position. A result of weight-loss obviously but what do I need to do to get rid of it?

Is it still more fat to lose or is it just loose skin?

I think the majority of you will be able to picture what I am describing and asking but I shall include some pictures so you can see for yourselves

thanks in advance :)

34g4y0x.jpg
2q3998l.jpg
efl5aw.jpg

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That looks like loose skin in my opinion. Similar to what is left after losing weight from having a baby.

ETA: I don't know what you can do about it really other than accept it. Maybe some hard core heavy lifting and extra calories would help to bulk up some more muscle on you and 'fill it in' a bit. I defer to the weight gurus around here on that one.

It isn't apparent when you stand up straight, so you could just never bend over or do pushups, but that doesn't seem reasonable.

Oh, and maybe moisturizing it with cocoa butter or shea butter would help keep it supple and more smooth rather than crepey looking...not that it looks that crepey.
  • jumpman233345
    Options
    I was drinking LOTS of water daily as I heard it aids in the elasticity of skin, helping it wrap back around my body so to speak

ATM I plan to start drinking all the water again combined with sit-ups (training all the abdominal area

Thanks for your answer sljohnson, appreciated.. As would more answers from people who are in the know

thanks
  • jumpman233345
    Options
    I have also heard that if you simply pinch the skin and its more than like 1mm there is more fat
    If on the other had when you pinch the skin and it feels like thin paper which id loose skin
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I have heard that it can take 6+ months for skin to tighten up after losing weight. Some loose skin may never go away, but it is possible that it will tighten more with time...(and lots of water, and weights).
  • anna3669
    anna3669 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, super congrats on you weight loss!! :) Weight training I hear can help and of course time...good luck! :blush:
  • karenj_m
    karenj_m Posts: 215
    Options
    Your abs aren't showing thru, so my guess is it's still body fat...with a glob at the belly (the hardest part to lose). You should now hit a weight lifting program followed by maybe 20 minutes of a HIIT workout. Work on recompostion now. There are some good programs on bodybuilding.com for free to follow. Plus 50 pounds is alot, but not like folks that have 100 or more to lose where you expect some skin issues. Along with you being 33 years old, I'd expect everything (in time) to snap back.
  • sacha0728
    Options
    Congratulations on the weightloss as we steal trying to loose and maintain on her
  • sacha0728
    Options
    sacha0728 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the weightloss as we steal trying to loose and maintain on her

• sacha0728
    Options
    Don't know what happened with my last posts. Check out this company http://youwrapyoulose.myitworks.com

As my sister tightened and toned her loose skin using their wraps
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lose! Awesome results! I don't have any sure answer for you but my guess is that, if you keep doing what you have been doing, in time the loose skin will take care of itself.
  • MadMenJoan
    MadMenJoan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had that after my second baby. It continues to shrink but hasn't gone away. I think lifting weights has definitely helped. Also I found that rubbing coconut oil on the skin helps it lose that papery feel. Hth
  • MadMenJoan
    MadMenJoan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great btw, well done!
  • jumpman233345
    Options
    Thanks a million for all your kind words of encouragement - it means a lot. It has been a lot of hard work and will power but results makes it all the more worth while.

Again, I wish I had documented from the start, perhaps including all my self cooked meals to show people what I was eating along with portion size
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!