BLOAT!!!!! Its annoying. I hate it. Make it stop!

Options
Who else bloats like crazy during the day. UGHHHHH!!!!! I drink plenty of water. 90-120 oz a day. I eat 90% clean. I know most days I dont get enough fiber, but Im not sure that will help. I am going to get some fiber powder anyway and start taking that. I measured my waist in the morning and its just under 27.5", then before bed its almost 30"!!!

What else can I do?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I found this issue lessened for me when I did a lot of core/abdominal work at the gym. My abs were solid and even when I felt as if I was bloated after eating a large meal, when I looked, my belly was still almost flat. I am sure most people bloat to some degree during the day and go to bed with a larger waist than when they wake though. Fibre could make it worse. Maybe there is some food that is not totally agreeing with your digestion?
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    I found this issue lessened for me when I did a lot of core/abdominal work at the gym. My abs were solid and even when I felt as if I was bloated after eating a large meal, when I looked, my belly was still almost flat. I am sure most people bloat to some degree during the day and go to bed with a larger waist than when they wake though. Fibre could make it worse. Maybe there is some food that is not totally agreeing with your digestion?

I think about that too, but Im not sure what it could be. I could always do the whole, "take it out for a week see if it helps" but I don't know where to start.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Try some probiotics, a good probiotic for a start. That might be helpful, or eat more yoghurt, the plain kind.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    Try some probiotics, a good probiotic for a start. That might be helpful, or eat more yoghurt, the plain kind.

You know, I did stop eating greek yogurt a few weeks ago. I will get some tonight or tomorrow. Thanks!
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Welcome, be interested to know if it helps at all.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Sodium makes me bloat horribly. Unfortunately, I really loves me some high sodium foods! :(
  • afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you eat a lot of dairy, bit I didn't realize how sensitive I was to it until I reintroduced it into my diet after breastfeeding a lactose intolerant kid for 2 years. If I eat more than one small serving of anything primarily dairy, by the end of the day, I'm definitely feeling it.

So, if you're looking for a place to start with eliminating food groups for a week at a time, maybe start with dairy.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started drinking Yogi detox tea, and it really helped with my periodical bloating! It's not a crazy detox tea, won't have you running to the bathroom constantly ;)
  • indeeeyah
    Options
    I hate the bloat, especially around that time of the month! I take WaterOut by Now Foods, its an herbal diuretic (dandelion root & potassium) http://www.nowfoods.com/Water-Out-100-Veg-Capsules.htm. It really helps me.
  • Jesssamesssa
    Options
    Thanks yall, I dont eat too much dairy. I used to. I am going to try to add in some greek yogurt. I had some of my husband vanilla greek yogurt last night. I feel good today!