Do you consider yourself a "health nut"?

Options
JazzFischer1989
JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
Well, ever since I joined MFP in April, I've been taking better care of myself and by that I mean, drinking more water, including more fruits and veggies in my diet, getting more exercise, and taking a multivitamin (I got a blood test done a few months back and discovered that I was deficient in many areas).

But I don't consider myself a health nut. I think I do the bare minimum, especially when I compare myself to other MFP users. But lately I've been getting that label at work and from my friends just cuz they see me taking a multivitamin everyday and I prefer poultry and fish to red meat and pork (which honestly has absolutely nothing to do with my health; it's just personal preference and nothing new). I got a turkey burger for lunch w/my friend at Applebee's and she remarked on how "healthy" I was, lol.

Anyway, do people label you a health nut? Do you consider yourself one? What's your idea of a health nut?

Replies

• Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes. My coworkers joke on me. I got a fruit platter from them instead of a birthday cake LOL Its all good though. I dont care. Im not a freak about it in my opinion but I do try. I have goals and everyone around me knows this.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Yes. When office snacks come in like today they offer to be nice but they know I will turn it down. When we go out to lunch I tend to make special request on the menu. And I won't stay out late on Friday nights because I have Saturday morning workouts. And I get the jokes when I turn down alcohol for sparkling water instead. I don't mind it though. It is what it is!
  • inkedmommy67
    inkedmommy67 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would say I am a health enthusiast but I am not always a practitioner of what I preach haha
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I drink way too much wine and eat way too much bacon to be considered a health nut.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    VegasFit wrote: »
    Yes. When office snacks come in like today they offer to be nice but they know I will turn it down. When we go out to lunch I tend to make special request on the menu. And I won't stay out late on Friday nights because I have Saturday morning workouts. And I get the jokes when I turn down alcohol for sparkling water instead. I don't mind it though. It is what it is!

Haha. This is another thing. People are constantly trying to feed me at work and if I decline, I get the "YOU'RE SO HEALTHY YOU CAN HAVE A SNACK" blahblabblah.