Threw my smokes out of the window!

Options
After getting a gym membership almost a month ago, I finally went last night. It was awesome! I had forgotten how much I really love working out! The better news is that when I was done, I was going to light up a cigarette and it actually made me gag so I threw them out of the window on my way home (which was 7 p.m. last night) and I haven't even thought about having one today, the thought still makes me gag. How weird is that? Wish me luck!

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I quit in January 2001. My only big lifetime achievement, I might add. If only weight loss success was #2.

Keep at it !! :)
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!!! congrats! i have been cig free for 24 days! i use a vaporizer now and it has helped me tremendously so if you do feel the cravings coming back i would highly recommend purchasing one :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm not there yet :) Especially after spin class.
  • gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you beat the "3's" you'll be well on your way! 3 hours, 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. After those it does get easier. Good luck!
  • laurawilliams51
    laurawilliams51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ok, check one off the list, made it past the 3 hours!
  • jklavenga
    Options
    Woot! Woot! You go girl. I quit three months ago, and still have moments that I would so enjoy one. Meeting my trainer at the gym in the morning for the very first time, so right now, a smoke sounds wonderful, as my chubby little brain is trying to derail all the positive things that are beginning for me.
    I wish you luck and am here to cheer you on. :)
  • laurawilliams51
    laurawilliams51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement! It is after 9 p.m. and still smoke free/craving free. maybe God has delivered me!