Brownies

Options
Ok...i know that is not what we should eat in order to stay fit, BUT a girl needs a treat every now and then, i come to you wonderful ppl i hopes of finding the perfect healthy but good brownie. I like walnuts and i have some whole wheat flour...is there a healthy recipe out there....i want to have some this weekend with some byers fat free chocolate ice cream...i know smh!!!

Replies

• 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Ok...i know that is not what we should eat in order to stay fit, BUT a girl needs a treat every now and then, i come to you wonderful ppl i hopes of finding the perfect healthy but good brownie. I like walnuts and i have some whole wheat flour...is there a healthy recipe out there....i want to have some this weekend with some byers fat free chocolate ice cream...i know smh!!!

Just eat a real one and fit it into your plan.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    •1 cup flour
    •1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    •1/2 tsp salt
    •1 tsp baking powder
    •1/4 tsp baking soda
    •1/4 tsp cinnamon
    •1/2 cup sugar
    •1/4 cup brown sugar
    •1/4 cup non-fat dry milk powder
    •1 egg white, slightly beaten
    •1 cup unsweetened applesauce
    •1 tsp vanilla
    •1 tsp powdered sugar

Preparation:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
    Lightly coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.

In large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; set aside.

In medium bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar, non-fat dry milk powder, egg white, applesauce and vanilla with a spoon until well combined. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture, mixing just until moistened.

Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 22 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. If Dust with powdered sugar.

Makes 16 fat-free and low-calorie brownies.

Nutritional Information:
    82 calories; 2 g protein; 19 g carbohydrates; 0 g fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g fiber; 11 mcg folate; 1 mg iron; 121 mg sodium.

If you want to add nuts and such you can!! They are quite delicious.
  • gavin03
    gavin03 Posts: 39
    Options
    There is a brownie mix called No pudge Brownies. Youc an probubaly find them in the brownie section at the store. You only add one 6oz container of fat free vanilla yogurt. They are 120 calories and fat free 28 carbs per serving. They are really good.
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    I truly believe if you have a craving then you should eat it. You just have to be careful of your portions. As soon as you try depriving yourself or trying to substitute by eat something that is supposed to be "better" for you then it makes it that much worse. Have your brownie and don't feel guilty about it!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    There is a brownie mix called No pudge Brownies. Youc an probubaly find them in the brownie section at the store. You only add one 6oz container of fat free vanilla yogurt. They are 120 calories and fat free 28 carbs per serving. They are really good.

Ditto, these are very good. Look for the pink box with a pig on the front. A year ago these were hard to find but now I've found most regular grocery stores sell them.
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options

I bought these last weekend but haven't made them yet, are they really that good?!?
  • Angiebug1969
    Options
    I've been trying to track down a guy I use to work with... he would bring to work homemade "powerbars" (so to speak)... they were brownie consistency, but they would vary in flavor... anything from blueberry nut, to banana, or cranberry, or chocolate! They were FAB! I've been playing around with different recipes, but haven't found any as good as his were! And they were all natural! If I find a good recipe that works well, I'll be sure to post! :tongue:
  • michelle_d06
    Options
    Bump
  • gavin03
    gavin03 Posts: 39
    Options
    Yes, They are so good. I made them and brought them to a party and everyone loved them. They didn't even know that they were a better for you brownie.