Insane morning?

Options
I have been doing Insanity at night, but I am finding that by 9 at night I might not be giving it my all because I'm pretty beat from the day I've had. SO I am considering getting up an hour early and doing it before work.

My fears are that I will wear myself out and be exhausted and sore all day.

Any thoughts? Do you like working out in the morning? Does it give you more or less energy throughout the day?

Replies

• ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    have the same questions, I also have a pretty active job!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'd say try it once, and if you fall asleep at work, it might not be the best idea ;)
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I wake up early every morning to fit my exercise in. It works great for me, feel fit all day long and I even workout after 8pm too (kids bedtime). You have to find the right balance for you and eat the right foods to keep your energy buzzing!! You will get used it to doing it after a while and if you miss a morning, you'll feel like you havent exercised in a whole month!! You'll notice the come down in your motabolism.... Well thats my personal experience anyways...

Have you many things to do in the mornsing? Kids to school, babies, work??
  • mertheg01
    mertheg01 Posts: 19
    Options
    Morning workouts for me are GREAT!!! I have energy throughout the day and it leaves my evenings free to do other things or even do a second workout. Obvious major downfall is getting up early in the morning. But, once you start forcing yourself to get up, before long it becomes a routine. Just make sure you adjust your bedtime so you get plenty of sleep.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I wake up early every morning to fit my exercise in. It works great for me, feel fit all day long and I even workout after 8pm too (kids bedtime). You have to find the right balance for you and eat the right foods to keep your energy buzzing!! You will get used it to doing it after a while and if you miss a morning, you'll feel like you havent exercised in a whole month!! You'll notice the come down in your motabolism.... Well thats my personal experience anyways...

Work full time, 2 kids to get off to school before I'm out the door. it can get a little crazy but if I wake up earlier everyone will still be sleeping.
  • kfcox410
    kfcox410 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love working out in the morning. I get up every morning at 4:15 and leave the house around 5am to head to the gym. I work out from 5:30-7am. I love doing my workout in the morning because after my long day of work I know that I can just go home spend time with my family and get ready to do it all again in the morning. It gives me energy all day and I feel good knowing that I worked out really hard that morning. You also get to know alot of people in the morning so you feel bad if you do not show up to work out and say good morning.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Morning workouts for me are GREAT!!! I have energy throughout the day and it leaves my evenings free to do other things or even do a second workout. Obvious major downfall is getting up early in the morning. But, once you start forcing yourself to get up, before long it becomes a routine. Just make sure you adjust your bedtime so you get plenty of sleep.

Hmm this sounds like it might work out for me - if I'm already done with my wrkout in the morning my nights would be less hectic. I guess I'll try tomorrow. 5:00 AM :yawn:
  • schninie82
    Options
    I'd say try it once, and if you fall asleep at work, it might not be the best idea ;)

No I'd say give it a week... give your body and mind time to adjust to it... if you cant manage it for whatever reason then maybe try a different exercise...
  • schninie82
    Options

Work full time, 2 kids to get off to school before I'm out the door. it can get a little crazy but if I wake up earlier everyone will still be sleeping.

Yeah thats me too... I wake the boys up at 7am and we are out the door by 8.30am so I have to make sure I am awake 6am - 6.10am to fit 'my time' in. I only do a Jillian Michaels DVD or run that takes just over half an hour to do.... How long is your insanity workout for?
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

Yeah thats me too... I wake the boys up at 7am and we are out the door by 8.30am so I have to make sure I am awake 6am - 6.10am to fit 'my time' in. I only do a Jillian Michaels DVD or run that takes just over half an hour to do.... How long is your insanity workout for?

Most are about 30-40 mins. They are very intense so I'm hoping its not too much. I can do anythign for a week so I will try. Who knows maybe I'll love it.
  • schninie82
    Options
    Thats another thing... make sure all your other morning things are taken care of the night before (packed lunches, ironing of uniforms, bags at the ready) and also adjust your bedtime so you're not completey knackered and end up talking yourself out of getting out of bed at mad o'clock! When you have less morning things to deal with, you wont see it as such a chore or too much to do or bogged down.. it'll flow like clockwork!

Good luck!
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Thats another thing... make sure all your other morning things are taken care of the night before (packed lunches, ironing of uniforms, bags at the ready) and also adjust your bedtime so you're not completey knackered and end up talking yourself out of getting out of bed at mad o'clock! When you have less morning things to deal with, you wont see it as such a chore or too much to do or bogged down.. it'll flow like clockwork!

Good luck!

Oh yeah were pretty organized and ready for our day before bedtime the night before. We get lunches packed, clothes out etc.
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i did bootcamp early in the morning (6am) for a month and loved getting up that early to work out - i was done for the day! however, i did all of the above, got the kids clothes out, packed up, ready to go the night before...i also found myself falling asleep by 8pm at night...

now i'm almost done with insanity and i've done them all at night - i can't get up in the morning without that motivation of boot camp (i know i can start the dvd anytime)...but i wish i was doing them in the AM again...

good luck!
  • riamac
    riamac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do my Insanity in the morning. I find that it gives me energy throughout the day. In the evenings I find that I don't have the energy to give it my all. Try it and see if it works for you.

Maria
  • schninie82
    Options
    i did bootcamp early in the morning (6am) for a month and loved getting up that early to work out - i was done for the day! however, i did all of the above, got the kids clothes out, packed up, ready to go the night before...i also found myself falling asleep by 8pm at night...

now i'm almost done with insanity and i've done them all at night - i can't get up in the morning without that motivation of boot camp (i know i can start the dvd anytime)...but i wish i was doing them in the AM again...

good luck!

Yeah I'm usually snoring by 10pm most nights, cant even get through a whole movie at nights anymore...never see the end of a film! haha!! Its worth it tho...