NSV: Ran 3.14 miles straight!

Options
TimTimTimma
TimTimTimma Posts: 15
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
Just like the title says, tonight I ran 3.14 miles! That is the equivalent of a freaking 5k!!!!

I parked my car at one end of a 3.1 mile and started my 5k training using RunKeeper and got not quite to two whole miles before I finished. When my training ended I thought "Why not just walk the rest of the way and walk back for some extra calorie burn?" So, I kept going.

Once I got to the end, I started stretching and I had been thinking to myself "What if I ran back? The whole way?" About 1 minute into my stretching routine a pretty girl came and sat on the bench next to where I was stretching. I struck a conversation with her and we chit chatted while I went through my stretches (it was kinda weird stretching in my compression shorts in front of what felt like an audience lol).

I mentioned to her I was considering running back the entire trail, but never ran that far without stopping. As I was getting ready to be off we bid our goodbyes and she told me to "believe" before I started, which oddly enough totally ignited something in me.

I think the combination of just having a nice conversation with a pretty girl who had faith I could accomplish something I had never done before really set me off and off I went!

I ended up finishing the 3.14mi run in 30:14 with an average pace of 9.38 with my best split at 8.39 during mile 3! I have no clue how I ran that fast, I don't even remember going that fast. But I feel awesome having gone the distance and setting a new personal record. :)

Tl;DR: Ran the equivalent of a 5k for the first time, broke my pace PR(10:04->9.38) and set a new split PR(????->8.39) too!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!