Helle there :) Need some motivation

Options
I have been overweight for as long as I can remember, but I have recently gained an overwhelming amount of weight. I lost about 40lbs right before I got pregnant and during my first trimester, and even stayed on track with my weight throughout the rest of my pregnancy (only gaining a total of 24lbs). However, after I had my daughter, I completely lost all control. I've gained all of the weight back that I had lost before her, plus an extra 15lbs. :(

I am definitely ready for a change. I am tired of feeling trapped by my weight, and I refuse to get any bigger! I am looking to lose 90 lbs over the course of a year. Right now, I am two weeks in to MFP, and am enjoying it. But I feel myself getting to that familiar point where I feel like nothing is different, and I give up. Please, PLEASE give me some encouragement if you will. I am in desperate need of it. :] thanks in advance

Replies

• Bambinogirl
    Bambinogirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome and kuddos for keeping your food log for 2wks! Don't give up, just be honest with yourself and log everything you eat, then you can see what adjustments needed to make it a long-term change. Best of luck to you, keep it up!
  • khughes4386
    Options
    Thank you! I am trying to be as honest as possible. It is hard, but I really want this. Good luck to you as well
  • Add me if you like.
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've found this site is helping me track my food and receive motivation / support from my those I've befriended here on MFP. Tracking my food is something I've never done before and because I know I need to log it, I'm conciously eating better than I have done for a long time. I know it's a long road but I've started the journey and I'll support anyone who I can take along with me. :smile:
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Good for you for deciding to change and good luck to you. I've come quite a way myself. Add me if you need an understanding friend.