I gained back ten pounds over the last year...Back at it and looking for support!

Options
January 2013, I decided to regain the self confidence that I lost after having two children, and it worked. I lost almost 60 pounds and went from close to 180 down to 120. I felt amazing, and it showed; however, over the last year and a half I have gained back 10 pounds. I am in graduate school, and work full time so I have allowed myself to eat out way to much and comfort myself with junk food. Although, 10 pounds may not seem like a lot and on my frame it really isn't, I just do not feel as good about myself. So I am trying to learn to count again, and exercise regularly. If anyone would like to support me or me support them, I would greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    WOW! Lost 60 lbs and only gained back 10. I am super impressed. Good for you. I completely understand where you are coming from though. I only had 17lbs to lose. I was told I was crazy but I just didnt feel good about myself. After all, its for me, right? Feel free to add me for support if you would like. I just started maintenance and could use all the help I can get. Good luck to you!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I also work full time & do grad school. My tip: multi-task. I read for class on the treadmill. I can read an ebook at a brisk walking pace, or a real book at a slower pace so I up the incline.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good for you to acknowledge the back-slide after just 10 lbs and take initiative to do something about it. I have been up and down on weight over the years because I let the weight creep back on and am usually 20-25 lbs deep before I acknowledge that there is an issue. We are here for you!
  • circleheartfnloveyou
    Options
    Kimberly that is exactly why I am doing this again, because I am so afraid that if I don't I'll have twenty or more pounds to lose! Ten pounds sounds a lot easier!
  • baldnavywife
    baldnavywife Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i have 10 lbs to lose as well. I've sent you a FR and anyone else can feel free to add me :)
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! I have 40 more pounds to go!