Not loosing weight!!!?

Options
Hello,

I've been using my fitness pal for a month now and I have only managed to loose 3 lbs (which is very little in my books - in the past I've lost anywhere between 2/4lbs a week) Im 23/female and 5ft4. My goal is to loose between 30 and 37lbs. I also joined curves a month ago and have been using both programs simultaneously. I work out 4 times a week (25 mins intensive, Monday - Friday). When I first sighed up to my fitness pal and entered all my details my calorie allowance was 1,200 a day. I've been very good with the calories Monday- Friday, allowing for a treat on Saturday evening. A 25 min workout with Curves earns me 172cal which I havnt been eating either. Since My first weigh in and measurements everything has gone down except weight (Lost 8 inches all over, BMI, fat% etc all went down, but weight only went down 3lbs). My instructor advised me to eat 1,500cals instead (whether exercising or not) which I have just started now.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and has any advice/tips for me? Don't want to loose motivation.

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to help encourage you! Add me if you like.
  • lighterbytheminute
    Options
    Remember that fat weighs considerably less than muscle. The best advice is to only weigh once a week, at the same time of the same day (preferably as you drag yourself out of bed) and keep that tape measure going. That is a much better gauge for the changes you are making to your body. Simple question to ask yourself: Do my clothes feel looser. There's the answer. Keep going - you're doing well.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is just a pet peeve of mine...
    Loose = not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
    Lose = become unable to find (something or someone).

As far as your weight lost issues go, 2/4 pounds a week sounds a little unhealthy. I think the 3 pounds you've lost sounds realistic for someone who's just starting off.

I would continue with your 1,500 calorie a day plan that your instructor advised you on. Since you're doing more physical activity, you need the calories to support it. Give this another month and if nothing changes, switch it up again.

Weight loss is very frustrating at times, but just never give up!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    For only having 30-37 lbs to lose, 2/4 lbs a week is too aggressive of a loss. I agree that 1500 calories sounds like a better and more healthier goal to shoot for calorie wise. In 2 years I've only lost 30 lbs which by some might not be enough, but it's enough for me. I just keep moving forward and don't look back. You've lost weight (even if it's not what you wanted to lose) and you're getting stronger. Not everyone can say that.

Good luck on your journey :)
  • duladdy
    Options
    Thanks guys!