In case of emergency

Options
How do you stay focused when a tragedy happens in your life?

Replies

• ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    How do you stay focused when a tragedy happens in your life?
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I am going through one right now actually. Tomorrow we're taking my grandmother-in-law off life support.

It's been hard, but I have been sticking with my calories well, but I have not exercised. I've been doing mfp for 5 months now, so it is a habit now.
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    My mother in law just died today. I am not sure I can even eat. That is the struggle I am having right now.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am sorry.

At this point what matters is you and your family. If you are able to eat, do it, who cares what it is!

*hugs*
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Unfortunately we will have moments that will make us want to curl up into a ball and cry. It is important to try to eat even during these times. Small healthy snacks or portions of food will do. Don't throw everything you have learned here out the door and become an emotional eater. I am so sorry for your loss. My only tidbit of advice is to not mourn the loss but to celebrate the life.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh, Amanda. I'm sorry! I'll be praying for your family. Don't push yourself on the weight front right now, it'll only stress you out more. You've been doing this for awhile so if you need a couple days "off" it won't be the end of the world. Just come back on MFP & log log log & you'll be able to hop back on the wagon easily. Best wishes for you & your family. :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 friends last week. I found that honoring my body also honored my friends.
    Every time I ate a carrot instead of a potato chip, I sent a prayer up for them.

God bless you in these hard times. Rain and Ac...I am so sorry for your loses.:frown: