It's been almost a month

Options
It has been almost a month now, and I have lost 6.5 pounds. I was off to a running start, but now I am feeling hungry and craving everything. I don't feel satisfied after I eat.
I need to make this work for health reason, so I have to push forward.
When do the cravings stop?

Replies

• MomforNoah
    Options
    I wish I knew! I try to eat every three hours but sometimes I just have days where I want to snack a lot :( Sent you a FR
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you craving? Salty? Sweet? Identifying the type may help so we can give better suggestions.
    Also, if you aren't feeling "satisfied" after you eat then making dietary changes should help. I've had to tweak my diet many, many times over the years as tastes and needs change. Any other specifics you could provide would help.
    If it's cravings out of habit (i.e. always eating popcorn at night while watching TV, etc.) then new habits need to be formed.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    What exactly are you craving? Salty? Sweet? Identifying the type may help so we can give better suggestions.
    Also, if you aren't feeling "satisfied" after you eat then making dietary changes should help. I've had to tweak my diet many, many times over the years as tastes and needs change. Any other specifics you could provide would help.
    If it's cravings out of habit (i.e. always eating popcorn at night while watching TV, etc.) then new habits need to be formed.

this ^^ also congrats on your loss so far =)
  • tdhdee
    tdhdee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It takes time for new habits to form and to break the old. For me, I have a harder time on weekends where there is less structure. During the work week it's good. If I crave something sweet, I'll grab fruit but fruit doesn't stay with me long so depending on what time of the evening it is, I might grab a Skinny Cow ice cream treat if I have the calories left for it. Popcorn for salt. Sometimes a few Wasa crackers with Laughing Cow cheese. Everything depends on what I have left in the day to splurge on but there are many things to munch on that might help curb the cravings for you. When I'm watching TV and want to snack, it isn't carrots! Take a trip to the grocery store and walk around the store and really look at the items. Read the labels. You will find many lower calorie items there that you can have that are better for you than a fat filled bowl of ice cream or something else.