Tatttoo's after weight loss?? Pics included

Options
I have 10 or so tattoos, mostly on my chest and fore arms. Which don't worry me...
But I have a pretty big piece (Unfinished) on my upper arm. My concern is the change weight loss might have on it. My arms will undoubtably get smaller, so what will happen to my tattoo? :/ Really worried it'll get messed up. Especially the back fatty part of my upper arm taht some of the tattoo is on.

Replies

• starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My left arm is sleeved. I have lost about 50 lbs so far and my tattoo doesn't look bad. If anything, it looks better because my arm is smaller! I think if you just work on toning your body (strength training along with some cardio) while losing the weight, the tattoo will be fine. Maybe don't get it worked on again until you're at your goal weight? Just a suggestion.
  • stepfordexwife
    Options
    I would actually recommend the opposite. My ex-husband had massive tattoos all over his body and when he lost 60lbs his tattoos just shrank, including the one on his bicep. Finish it up and it should look even as you lose.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who's very good at drawing his own style of cartoon characters, I was thinking of getting him to draw two versions of me, one as a fat *kitten* depressed loser before the diet and one of me standing tall, slim and confident in the other and get a tattoo of that :)

This is his style:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    It should be just fine, even if you finish it now. I have a large piece on my back and it looks awesome after my weight loss.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I got my last tattoo at a stone heavier than I am now. Its on my side and seems to look just the same as it did on completion.

I think I'd go ahead and get your tattoo finished if you want, or leave it as a reward for getting to target if you think it would help as an incentive.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    They dont change that much when you shrink after you've gotten them, it's when you expand after you get them that they change the most.