5'4" Women over 30

Hey All,

Looking for other over 30 ladies who are around 5'4" who have similar goals or who have met their goals and can share tips for success!

When I was in my early 20s I lost about 20-25lbs using MFP and was at goal weight of 120-125 for many years. Fast forward to now, I'm 33 years old with two toddlers and I'm about 15lbs away from goal weight of 120lbs. The weight loss has been tough this time and I'm in need of some motivation or tips for petite ladies with not a lot to lose.

SW: 140
CW: 134
GW: 120

So, what is/has worked the best for you to lose those last stubborn lbs? I range from net calories of 1150-1400 per day and try and exercise 5 days a week. I haven't incorporated any strength training yet (just cardio) so that is something I know I should do. Please feel free to add me as a friend or reply to this with any tips you have! Thanks!

Replies

• AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Hi! I'm 34 with 2 little boys. My littlest is almost 15 months and I've been trying to get off the baby pounds since his first birthday. I am 5feet tall. I keep my calories around 1400 and exercise 3 or 4 times a week. I mostly do strength training and add in some cardio if I have the time. I think the weights are helping get things tightened up again!

SW: 142
    CW: 121
    GW: 105

I'll add you! I'd like to have a friend in a similar situation!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,242 MFP Moderator
    Hey there. I'm a 5'4" 35 year old mother of two awesome boys - one 13 and one getting ready to turn 10. When I started here, I was over 200 pounds, and am pretty happy with my weight and size right now. I find that I have to have a goal to just maintain this time of year, or I go crazy with all the sweets and candy being offered. :) If I'm on maintenance, I can indulge a little while also being mindful of potential creeping pounds. I have a very, very soft goal of MAYBE hitting 125 pounds some day, but I'm currently in size 6/8 pants, so I'm happy with that. Good luck getting to goal!

SW: 201
    CW: 129-132 (fluctuating due to maintenance)
    SOFT GW: 125

• helmcd
    helmcd Posts: 4 Member
    Hello! I am new to myfitnesspal with no friends yet. I am 31 years old, currently 5'5" and 138 pounds (started at 141). I gained over ten pounds in the last year since I quit smoking.

My clothes don't fit the same anymore and I am not feeling my best!

I felt/looked my best around the age of 25 when I weighed 125 pounds. This is where I'd like to be again so I am counting my calories (~1200/day). Weekdays are pretty easy, but the weekends are so tough since I love my red wine.

My goal is to get to 125 by the end of February, so I am looking for friends in similar situation!!
  • annika2012
    annika2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi !
    I am 33 years old, 5'4 and currently weight 135, (no kids) I came down from 142lbs fairly quickly! Initially 2lb a week! However, my weight lost per week has gradually decreased. I am anticipating a plateau and I think this is the week where I will see no weight lost. I've plateaued before and it was always around the same number : 134lbs. I am eating 1200 calories, I do cardio and little bodyweight training from FitStar, and I always eat up calories I burned so I am always netting around 1200. I do light workout couple of times a week. My goal is to be 130lbs. I don't want to get stuck on 134lbs again, so is there any tips on how I can overcome this plateau and reach my goal. Has anyone been on a similar situation?
  • kheinze79
    kheinze79 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I'm in a very similar situation! I'm 35, 5'4'', have a 23 month old daughter and 11 week old son. I work a lot (husband is a stay at home dad), but still manage to exercise (cardio and weights) 4-5x a week. I gained 32 lbs with my first kid, then lost all that plus an additional 16 lbs so I got to my goal weight of 124 lbs. well then I got pregnant again! Ha. Gained 31 lbs this time, and have only lost 16 so far at 11 weeks. I'm so frustrated. I eat between 1,100-1,400. It worked last time but seems to be taking much longer this time :( I look forward to staying motivated with you ladies.

SW prepregnancy 124/end of pregnancy July 25th 155
    CW 139
    GW 124
  • hgwill78
    hgwill78 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm 5'4" (almost) and 35 with a 2 year old. I started at 198, now at 136 with a goal of 125. I think 120 might be better since I have a small frame but I'll wait for 125 to see if I'm right. I eat about 1400 calories a day now but started out at a lot more. I run and do strength training. These last 11 pounds are coming off a lot slower, but I'm ok with that! Good luck to everyone! Feel free to add me.
  • JulieWulie81
    JulieWulie81 Posts: 39 Member
    Yay! Glad to see some others in the same situation! Feel free to add me!
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Hey all! I'm 5'5" (4.75 really), small frame, 32. I don't have much to lose (working my way back down to 117-119 from a high of 135 this winter... currently at 123). I like to run and bike, and I'm on here every day logging away! Feel free to add me, anyone :) No kiddos for me yet.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    +1 lifting weights & cardio. I eat about 1400 calories a day.

5' 4.5"
    CW 143
    GW 125
  • Saadialove
    Saadialove Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Hi I am a 30 year old mom of one little 3 year old diva. After birth I dropped weight but three years later it crept back on . I've lost some weight but I need to lose more!
    I'm about 5'4.7" most of my weight is in my hips and butt so if yall have any tips please share.
    SW-250
    CW-222
    GW-165
  • amthorburn
    amthorburn Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 33 and have 4 kids (7, 5, 3, 1). I'm 5'4" and around 138 lbs right now which is on the high side for me. I need to get to around 125. I've just begun the exercise journey with yoga a few times a week and cardio 5x per week. Trying to net around 1,200 calories, but finding this very hard as I'm always hungry.
  • miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    I am 38, 5'4 and weigh 133lbs. My goal is 128 right now but do look better a few pounds lighter than that. I was 180lbs at 32, about 18 months after the birth of my second. Calorie goals are 1200-1400.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    I'm 5'4" and (almost) 32 years old

SW: 175
    CW: 164
    GW: 125

I don't know if I'll ever get as low as 125, but in the ballpark of 125-133 would be totally reasonable. My calorie range is 900-1400 calories a day until I get to a lower weight, then I'm going to up my calories and increase my running miles accordingly.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    That's me!
    5'4", five kids between 1 and 11, currently 128 lbs with 120 as GW.

Heavy lifting for a year now. I maintained for a few months (after dropping 30lbs after the youngest child) and want to cut now to make sure I am at GW for summer. It's been slow but I am very happy with how I look right now so it's fine if it takes time.
    While cutting, I am doing 2-3x cardio and lift 3x a week.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    I am nearly 5 foot 4!

I am 31 with no children.
    I used to weight 170 llb (which was gross). I dropped to 148 with my fitness pal last year but I have crept back up to 154. I’d like to get down to 140 this time.

What worked for me last time was eating 1400 plus exercise calories as calculated by mfp. I ended up eating about 1600 – 1800 most days depending on how active I was so I am trying this again.
    I find that knowing I can eat more if I do motivates me to be more active, even if it’s just getting of the tube home a couple of stops early to get half an hour of walking in.