• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA, that kills me.

Well done.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This made me grin because I ate an unplanned muffin yesterday afternoon, then spent my evening swim watching the clock and counting down the minutes until the muffin was burned off LOL. That was a lot of swimming for a baked good!!!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Someone on my friend's list eats a Cadbury bar every day and works it into her macros.

I also work my treats into my daily intake.

Don't look at things as "omg! I need to work out xx minutes to work that off!" If that was the case, it would be impossible to lose weight because we would need to work off every calorie we put into our bodies. We still have a basal metabolic rate and exercise on top of a calorie deficit; just work it in somehow!
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    Someone on my friend's list eats a Cadbury bar every day and works it into her macros.

Don't look at things as "omg! I need to work out xx minutes to work that off!" If that was the case, it would be impossible to lose weight because we would need to work off every calorie we put into our bodies. We still have a basal metabolic rate and exercise on top of a calorie deficit; just work it in somehow!

Oh, don't get me wrong - I still had my tracked-and-macro-accounted for evening ice cream bar and mid-afternoon dark chocolate ;) It was just funny that the muffin thing stuck in my head :)

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    This made me grin because I ate an unplanned muffin yesterday afternoon, then spent my evening swim watching the clock and counting down the minutes until the muffin was burned off LOL. That was a lot of swimming for a baked good!!!

Unplanned muffins are still loved. Don't practice muffin abstinence.
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Unplanned muffins are still loved. Don't practice muffin abstinence.

Every muffin has a home with me ;)

• powerpigeon
    Options
    It is an eye-opener when you start realising the calories in some things. For me, it's some of things marketing as healthier options, that when you log them are rammed full of sugar and other junk. Scary stuff.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of food, including chocilate,pizza,ice cream, donuts... there is no good or bad food per se. That said, I like to eat smart and eat a lot...so a 400 chocolate bar is wasting precious resources. Lol

Im the kind of girl who'd rather buy three pair of cheap jeans than one pair of designers. :p
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing worse then eating something and THEN looking at the calories and realizing how wrong you were! :(
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is a powerful thing. I find myself thinking about how much things are worth eating when at the gym and realise how much effort it takes to burn 500 calories. It is very motivating.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76 wrote: »
    Before I started being aware of calories and counting...

I used to rationalize things away by saying things like...

I went for a walk at lunch and took the stairs. It's only a chocolate bar.... I deserve the treat!

That was totally me too! It was incredible the little things I used to rationalize eating far too many calories until I started counting them. Just wow! I plan to log the rest of my days.

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Yep we do this to ourselves.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

Now, see, this is sensible. We live in a world of wonderful food, and while we can't Eat All The Food, we certainly can budget for some really good stuff just like we budget our money for a luxury or two.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I ate two servings of (box version of homemade) brownies last night. LOL
    Though usually a 1/4 cup of chocolate covered raisins keeps me happy. You can keep the cherries though.