Perseverance

Options
Dear Friends,

I have lost 20 pounds in 2 months using My Fitness Pal

You all have really helped me stick with it. I read all my friend's posts daily. I never thought losing weight in a "Virtual" setting would be so affective. BUT IT IS!!!

I am so use to the Weight-Watcher-type meetings with the weigh ins... etc... This is so much better for me. I am so blessed to have found this app and this community.

I have been sedentary for YEARS due to health reasons. Being sedentary for so long, every movement I make is an exercise for me (at this time). For example washing dishes and picking up around the house IS MOVEMENT and IT COUNTS. It may seem like such a small thing but for those of us who have been sedentary, BELIEVE ME, it IS NOT a small thing for us. It may seem like nothing to those that have gone to a gym all of their adult life, but to US it is a BIG DEAL.

I am working through pain (due to health issues), because I am not as afraid of it as I use to be. I was bedridden for 60 days at 42 yrs old and it scared the living (blankity blank) out of me.. This made me afraid to do ANYTHING. I am coming out of that "scary place" and I am bound and determined to be the BEST ME.

Doctors say weight is hard on your joints and the good Lord knows I do not want the pain to get any worse. I keep this first and foremost in my head everyday in order to summon the "will power" and "courage" to change my "Lifestyle".

This is no longer a diet for me. This is a matter of my "Quality of Life" and the "quality" is getting better!!!! My Doctors are proud.

I also quit smoking over 4 years ago with Electronic Cigarettes and my lungs have fully recovered!!!

I hope this auto-biographical post helps and inspires someone out there that may be in the same condition as I am in.

Peace & Blessings to all,

KYGATOR8U2

Replies

• cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, congratulations on your weight loss and moving more! I have a mom who is back disabled, and through yoga and weight loss I don't recognize her anymore! She went from being unable to get the mail to hiking hard trails - and spends many days pain free. GOOD LUCK! It can be done. She notices every pound she gains now - and takes it right back off.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Hello my name sake, I have lost 61 lbs. and I agree this is a great setting to do it in, lots of supportive people. I am not at my goal yet but close. I also quit smoking about 10 years and 1 month ago, and it is like I never smoked, it is a very wise decision. Congratulations on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!