Dear MFP Mean People

Options
Susieq_1994
Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
Greetings! I am Dr. Diputs, and I'm here to help!

You see, I've heard that there has been a terrible outbreak of meanpersonitis here on the MFP forums. This terrible disease is also known as the I'm-so-sick-of-stupid-questions disease. I can save you from this horrifying affliction.

Do you or your loved ones suffer from meanpersonitis? Here are some of the symptoms to look out for:
  1. Use of logic and science to back up claims whenever possible (Oh dear, this one is bad!)
  2. Not agreeing with everything the original poster says (Just silly, right? I mean, we're all here for SUPPORT, aren't we?)
  3. Use of snark, sarcasm, or wit in replying to silly questions.
  4. A strange habit of weighing solid foods on a digital food scale
  5. An obsessive tendency to post the sexy-pants thread link
  6. Telling the truth
  7. An unusual penchant for cat gifs

Does this sound like you? If so, never fear! The cure is very simple! Just do the following:
  1. Binge watch 15 episodes of Dr. Oz. No, you can't skip a single one, OR close your eyes, OR block your ears. Doing any of these things will be detrimental to the cure.
  2. Go and look up recipes for cauliflower EVERYTHING. Cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower mashed "potatoes", cauliflower brownies (do these even exist?), cauliflower ALLTHEFOODZ. Then, make every single recipe, and eat all of these foods. In moderation, of course. This step is essential!
  3. Go and read about the wonders of the following diets: The HcG Diet; The Cabbage Soup Diet; The Five-Bite Diet; The Fruit-Only Diet; The Vegetable-Only Diet; The Twinkie-and-Diet-Coke Diet; The I'm-Eating-500-Calories-A-Day-And-I'm-Not-Hungry-At-ALL Diet. This will help you appreciate the beauty, organization, and healthfulness of these wonderful plans.

After following these listed cures, your brain should be effectively fried and you will be sufficiently dumbed down to be completely cured of Meanpersonitis! You're welcome! B)

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Haha except may edit the final line to read

"After following these listed cures, your brain should be effectively fried and you will no longer have the mental capacity to operate a computer - voila you're completely cured of Meanpersonitis! You're welcome! B)"

;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Haha except may edit the final line to read

"After following these listed cures, your brain should be effectively fried and you will no longer have the mental capacity to operate a computer - voila you're completely cured of Meanpersonitis! You're welcome! B)"

;)

Perfection! I think this will also possibly prevent spread of the epidemic... Wonderful plan! I salute you! ;)
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    So this post is basically because you're butt hurt because people can back themselves in arguments.. :/
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    So this post is basically because you're butt hurt because people can back themselves in arguments.. :/

Um, I think you missed her point! :smiley:

• Susieq_1994
    Options

I think this one may have sailed over your head...
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Well the OP is bound to unite people and help everyone work towards an environment where competing viewpoints can co-exist respectfully.

Well done.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

200.gif
  • Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Very nice. I suffer with meanpersonitis. Had you only posted this before I had all my terrible side effects from the hCG diet, I would have known, it's all good LOL
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Is it really so bad to be so fluent in sarcasm as a second language? I think not.
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like being mean. I gave up sugar so I can't sugar coat things....
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Shut up.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that people with meanpersonitis should buy all of those "amazing weight loss products" and drink their shakeology shakes while wearing an It Works! wrap and doing a Beachbody workout. :lol:
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yes, support. Some people forget about that. Asking a dumb question is the first step to being savvy, thus asking less dumb questions, and answering other people's dumb questions.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Didn't you mean back themselves in to arguments they can't get out of?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm is very hard to do in print without resorting to smiley faces. Assume that 10% won't "get it".
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that people with meanpersonitis should buy all of those "amazing weight loss products" and drink their shakeology shakes while wearing an It Works! wrap and doing a Beachbody workout. :lol:

I think I love you. lmao
  • jamesdavidy
    Options
    Who is Dr Oz?
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have two problems with this post:
    1) You mentioned cat gifs, but there is NO cat gif. Not cool!
    2) Now I want cauliflower brownies. (or just brownies???)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I actually do have cauliflower that needs to get used tonight...