Christmas challenge 2014

Options
Maritill
Maritill Posts: 146 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Marianne. I hereby challenge those fellow MFP'ers that want to lost 20# by Christmas 2014. If you signed in on the one from 2013 feel free to sign her again. I will try to report once a week with what I've been doing. Tomorrow & Sunday I will be walking around Buffalo,NY looking at people's gardens at their annual GardenWalk Buffalo. Hoping for a great day. They have almost 400 gardens to see. My friend and I try to hit 50 each day. Have a great weekend. Talk to you next week.

Replies

• acookieclicker
    Options
    Woohoo! Go girl!
  • sharonglantz
    sharonglantz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    how do I join the Christmas challenge
  • JLCrunch
    JLCrunch Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • pbelec73
    Options
    I would love to lose 20 by xmas but would need a plan
  • SuzMar17
    SuzMar17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just joined....
  • Amianne
    Amianne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I want to join!
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I admire people who create Challenges and encourage others to follow. I was part of one over the summer and it really created a sense of community.

But Christmas is 10 weeks from tomorrow (Oct 16th). Is 20 lbs by then really the most practical goal? Shouldn't this Challenge have been started closer to Labor Day? I'm personally about to enter the window of two months filled with Halloween candy on every desk at work, Thanksgiving goodies and over three weeks of Christmas/holiday treats everywhere I turn. And I know others face similar temptations and challenges. If I committed to losing 20 lbs over the next ten weeks, I know I'd be setting myself up for disappointment and failure.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    cortezpj wrote: »
    I admire people who create Challenges and encourage others to follow. I was part of one over the summer and it really created a sense of community.

But Christmas is 10 weeks from tomorrow (Oct 16th). Is 20 lbs by then really the most practical goal? Shouldn't this Challenge have been started closer to Labor Day? I'm personally about to enter the window of two months filled with Halloween candy on every desk at work, Thanksgiving goodies and over three weeks of Christmas/holiday treats everywhere I turn. And I know others face similar temptations and challenges. If I committed to losing 20 lbs over the next ten weeks, I know I'd be setting myself up for disappointment and failure.

I agree 20 lbs in 2 months is agressive for anyone without a lot to lose. But the original post is from July, so should totally have been doable by anyone with 20 lbs to lose.
  • cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    cortezpj wrote: »

I agree 20 lbs in 2 months is agressive for anyone without a lot to lose. But the original post is from July, so should totally have been doable by anyone with 20 lbs to lose.

Just noticed the date of the OP -- my error. The new MFP Forum layout threw me off.
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Even if it just gets me closer to my goal and not the whole 20, please count me in.