A lil Help please

Paz26
Paz26 Posts: 23
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't want to do the whole sob story BUT :sad: ..... I am asking for help. I understand its not going to be easy and its not going to be all magical in a month of a skinny me. I figured this is the place since everyone has a similar story. So..........here it goes I feel like a debbie DOWNER, NEGATIVE nancy ..... I know its the unhealthy life style and no exercise life style. actually when i was going to the GYM 5 days in a row a few months a go i had a LITTLE more energy & felt good. Well as a single mama w/ 2 little ones , a part time job and having to move back w/ my mom and her husband and got some bills I feel like i am stuck. I lost all focus. I go on and find everyone's stories inspiring. I just need to get my butt up and do it. So here's the thing we made a bet (which im behind but I am sure I can easily make it) from march 1st to june 12th who ever loses the most % of body fat. I mean the $$$ is good but I want to start and never stop to look back. Again I understand everyone has there OWN diet/ life style. I guess I am asking which and what? I mean Protein and no carbs or protein & a lil carbs or what????The thing I notice on here is everyone has a lil round belly BUT i got some Tires/ rolls going on here more then a muffin top :blushing: LOL..... But I just dont know. I did LINDORA ( im sad to say I should have been strict i did lose 15 I know i could have losted more) shuld i try the packet food i have boxes but I wouldn't be getting the b12 shots. I have vitamin B but they said its not the same and it moves through the body slower .

SO here are some PICS I hope to IMPROVE w/ your HELP. SUPPPPPER EMBARRASSED But I hope to prove to MFP & especially myself that..... there is a new me in the future .... be easy ppl :ohwell:
I guess I need a little BOOST/ INSPIRATION/ A NUDGE/ A KICK START :tongue:

Starting/ CW 274
GOAL: 150 ( yes it will take time I know that)

100_0551.jpg

100_0552.jpg

100_0555.jpg

100_0556.jpg

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Hey, well done for being honest and looking for help and a healthy lifestyle!

I think the most important thing is to just START! Don't sweat the details too much at this point, you need to get your body moving any old way you can, and make sure you are eating less food, but good food. You don't need another fad diet, or pills or to spend any money on special programs.

I started by setting my weight loss goal at 1/2 pound a week and having the goal to just record what I was eating. The minute I started writing down what was going in my mouth I became much more aware of what and how much and where the problem areas were. Having a smaller weight loss goal per week meant that I had a reasonable amount of calories to eat (over 1600 net) so I didn't starve myself, I just paid attention to eating smaller portions, cutting out the snack binging (no more family blocks of chocolate!), less alcoholic drinks etc.

I was (and still am) eating real food that I cook myself, no special diet food, no agonising over percentages of carbs vs proteins or whether to do cardio before strenth training etc. (Please know that I'm not knocking people who have a particular view on what works for them, that's great, but for me it hasn't been necessary. I know that if I made it too hard for myself I wouldn't even start and certainly wouldn't keep going.)

So, in a nutshell, my best advice is just to start! Write down what you have eaten today and make some better choices tomorrow. If you do this everyday then you will succeed!
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Join the gang you'll get support, advice jokes,sad stories fun and many other things most of all you can lose with diginity and friends. You are not the largest person on the sight. Stop stressing and lets get started. click on my name and friend me under add friend lets get started:flowerforyou:
  • Welcome to MFP! I think Rubybelle said it all. I agree about setting you calories higher when you're first starting. I found that if I tried to stay at 1200 cals when I first started I was setting myself up to fail. Just try to make healthy choices and stay within your calories. Lean protein, fiber, vegies & fruit and a small amount of healthy fat. I find that I do better when I'm making healthy choices. I feel better & I don't get hungry.

You can do this! We are all here to help each other and that makes a huge difference!

:flowerforyou:
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Again I understand everyone has there OWN diet/ life style. I guess I am asking which and what? I mean Protein and no carbs or protein & a lil carbs or what????

Well done for taking the first step :smile: That's pretty much the most useful piece of advice anyone here can give you - take the first step then DON'T give up!

There's no magical formula. Eat a healthy balanced diet and log your calories to make sure you stay under the amount you need to break even and your body will start to use your stored fat! You should really exercise - a little (30 mins) every day if you can as well. To tone up and to make your metabolism work faster.

If it helps, since you asked what individuals do, I try to see everything I eat in a day on one giant plate. The fruit and veg should cover half the plate. The protein should cover no more than a quarter. The carbs also no more than a quarter (and if you can - and I find this hard at the moment so it's my current thing I'm working on - your carbs should be wholegrain if they are cereal/pasta/bread/rice). Any 'gaps' can be filled with treats but they will be small gaps :laugh: Your fats should come along with the other stuff and if you choose wisely should not get too high at all.

I really hope it helps. I was around the same weight as you when I started out and I've lost over 100 pounds since then. It's taken me 9 months, slow and steady.
  • knrbaker
    knrbaker Posts: 21
    You are in the right place. The support I have found on MFP really helps me to keep going. I find that being accountable for every thing I put in my mouth helps a lot! It makes me think before I eat. The best advice I can give is; read lables, know what your eating before you eat it and don't worry about following "diets" (it's too much pressure). and.... drink plenty of water. You are going to do great!!
This discussion has been closed.