Anyone want to join ME!

Options
I was going to start cutting out certain foods just wondering if anyone else is already doing this or would like to start?

I'm not going to eat:
Fast food
Bread
Pastas
Rice
Chocolate (this is a hard one for me :tongue: )
Junk food
Icecream (of any kind reg or low fat..etc)
Potatos
Frozen meals (healthy choice, smartones, etc....to much sodium anyways)

I know in moderation bread, pasta and even rice are ok but I'm going to see if I can do without. I don't eat a lot of these things but from time to time I fo

Drinking only water (which is all I drink anyways but for those of u who don't)

You can add to the list or make ur own

Replies

• zerofat
    zerofat Posts: 2
    Options
    I will add cheese to that, i'm addicted to it :s
  • lauraajohnsonrn
    Options
    You do need some carbs, because the brain requires glucose to function properly.
    I understand the pain of giving up chocolate.....lol
  • Mark330
    Mark330 Posts: 75
    Options
    Cutting foods is often tough because it gives you too much to think about. It is easier to focus in on what you want to eat the majority of the time. Then, when you are about to eat, you can make quick decisions based on your focus foods.
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    White bread and cheese
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm with you for most of that list (thats how I lost my 40lbs), but.....
    I workout a lot, so I do need carbs, so my adjustments are:

bread - only whole grain
    rice - only brown rice, one serving per day
    potatoes - only small sweet potatoes - to alternate with brown rice

Also, add sugar to that list. When absolutely necessary use truvia or splenda.

Good Luck! :drinker:
  • Daisydeedee
    Options
    Hey there! I too am ready to join you! It's funny but that's exactly what I've been saying I was going to cut out. The only difference is the water only. I like Ice Tea, Diet Coke & Coffee. The one good thing is that I use sweet n low, or maybe not so good. But I WILL cut out the Diet Coke, along with all the things you've mentioned. I dont eat a lot of it. But I will say I love cheese, pasta and fast food has just been way to convienant... So I'm IN! Wait.... what about a salad from a fast food place if you dont get home in time to cook with work and all? Just asking? :)

Have a Happy Thursday

Your sister in Success,
    D~
  • Jenbarratt11
    Options
    I was thinking what I need to cut out/down on!

Agree with all these things- how long are you planning on doing it for though? As this is pretty much a detox things like bread, pasta and potatoes you should eat to keep a healthy diet- so cutting down is best on food like this.
  • ChessRonin
    ChessRonin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Where do you plan on getting your carbs? Whole grains are extremely healthy and you should be sure to try to eat them frequently. Quinoa, wild/brown rice, wholegrain breads, etc, are all extremely healthy choices.

Also, you say that breads/pastas etc are okay in moderation, but that is a half-truth; EVERYthing is okay in moderation (yes, even junkfood), but wholegrains are especially healthy for you in moderation.
  • Daisydeedee
    Options
    Those are great options Shaindi, I too recently switched up to Whole Grain Pastas! :)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I already don't eat fast food! yaya it is awesome!

Once in a while I have pasta but I don't eat a lot of it and I only have it with no sauce and seafood -- you'd be amazed what kinda juices fall out of seafood and vegetables when you mix em!

I heart ice cream - so what I did was buy frozen yougurt! It tastes the same to me and very little calories -- sitting at 110 per serving (turkey hill)

I drink coffee -- black with splenda its perfect

Agree with no cheese!

I don't really eat chocolate as I'm not a fan of it but I have a thing for candy :/ need help on that
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I cut out all processed sugars of any kind. The only sweets that I allow myself to have are fresh fruit or honey. I find this easier to help me eat the right foods. If I mess up or cheat, I have to add an extra day to this 30 day challenge to myself. I have lost alittle over 15 pnds in 27 days and I have way more energy!!:)
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    I hit post before I was done sorry lol

I don't think a salad would hurt from a fast food place aslong as ur portion size is right and I'm not sure about the toppings on the salad lol
    Cheese on the list as well ( it is pretty yummy)

You can start today with me or tomorrow if you have already eaten something on the list

I think I am going to try this out for a week and if it works I will stick to it but I also work out so I will have to figure out carb wise what I can and can't eat :happy:

Monday- check in I wanna see how everyone did over the weekend(may 2nd)

Thursday- let's see if we actually lost any weight and how much (may 5th)

If you struggle at all just post on the thread or message me and we will get through it together
    I was going to start cutting out certain foods just wondering if anyone else is already doing this or would like to start?

I'm not going to eat:
    Fast food
    Bread
    Pastas
    Rice
    Chocolate (this is a hard one for me :tongue: )
    Junk food
    Icecream (of any kind reg or low fat..etc)
    Potatos
    Frozen meals (healthy choice, smartones, etc....to much sodium anyways)

I know in moderation bread, pasta and even rice are ok but I'm going to see if I can do without. I don't eat a lot of these things but from time to time I fo

Drinking only water (which is all I drink anyways but for those of u who don't)

You can add to the list or make ur own
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    I cut out all processed sugars of any kind. The only sweets that I allow myself to have are fresh fruit or honey. I find this easier to help me eat the right foods. If I mess up or cheat, I have to add an extra day to this 30 day challenge to myself. I have lost alittle over 15 pnds in 27 days and I have way more energy!!:)

15 pounds in 27 days WAY TO GO!! That's awesome!
  • browneyes1022
    Options
    Monday checkin: I took my friends little boy to the carnival and didn't cheat I'm not really into cotton candy or carmel apples but some of the food did smell good lol I though about cheating but I did good :smile: