5'3 130 pounds result pictures

Options
Hey for the longest time my goal weight was 110 -120 pounds but now I'm not so sure because I feel like that would be really hard to maintain.I'm 149 now and still not lolooking fantastic .but I was thinking about changing gw to 130 but I have no Idea what that would look like .anyone around 130 and 5'3 got result pics

Replies

• MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You're asking the question I'd like to know too! Though, I always thought of myself as 5'3" until a recent measurement came up at 5'2" :(
    I just turned 60 and would like to be in the 130-135 range, that is where I was in my 20s-30s. I see that it will put me in the normal BMI and is a realistic goal - I'm a curvy build.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    MapDancer wrote: »
    You're asking the question I'd like to know too! Though, I always thought of myself as 5'3" until a recent measurement came up at 5'2" :(
    I just turned 60 and would like to be in the 130-135 range, that is where I was in my 20s-30s. I see that it will put me in the normal BMI and is a realistic goal - I'm a curvy build.

This brings up a good point that I've been wondering about myself. My adult height has always been 5'7", but I found out two years ago that I have bulging disks/compression in my neck from C1-7, plus arthritis, all most likely due to three car accidents (all hitting me from behind) in an 11 month time-frame. Well, my height has been shrinking along with this.

So, the question is, am I still 5'7" technically? Is this the height I should use for BMI and other measurements, considering my new height is a result of disk compression? Same for this poster...is she 5'3" or 5'2", and if the latter, why should her weight goals change?
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I would bet that you could get at least 100 women, 5'3", 130lbs and not 2 of them would look the same.
  • AHSFreak
    Options
    MapDancer wrote: »

This brings up a good point that I've been wondering about myself. My adult height has always been 5'7", but I found out two years ago that I have bulging disks/compression in my neck from C1-7, plus arthritis, all most likely due to three car accidents (all hitting me from behind) in an 11 month time-frame. Well, my height has been shrinking along with this.

So, the question is, am I still 5'7" technically? Is this the height I should use for BMI and other measurements, considering my new height is a result of disk compression? Same for this poster...is she 5'3" or 5'2", and if the latter, why should her weight goals change?

I'm am ACTAULLY 5'3 and a quarter ..19 years old...I just went to the doctor about a month ago...and ,other than being over weight (lol), I don't have any medical issues/ Spinal issues
    ....(well I do actually have a herniated disc in my neck but it doesn't affect my height at all)
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »
    I would bet that you could get at least 100 women, 5'3", 130lbs and not 2 of them would look the same.
    So true! Though the same weight, my sister carries her weight above the waist and enjoyed body building for a time. My weight tended to be lower and I did bellydancing.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Your point is a good one… we all have to pick goal weights in a healthy range..but with a daily calorie maintenance that is realistic and makes life good. If I had to starve to be 10 pounds lighter in the end.. I think i'd rather not..and accept myself at a higher weight.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You could try what I did: Set your goal to 130 and reevaluate when you get there. I'm 5'2 and today weighed in at 119.8 (starting weight: 146). You can check out my pics on my profile, but like someone pointed out not all 5'2 or 5'3 women look the same. There are bigger and smaller builds. Just get to where you are happy.
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Your point is a good one… we all have to pick goal weights in a healthy range..but with a daily calorie maintenance that is realistic and makes life good. If I had to starve to be 10 pounds lighter in the end.. I think i'd rather not..and accept myself at a higher weight.

So much this. :) I was 135 for the longest time, but I was constantly taking diet pills and barely eating. Then I got married and hubby was having none of that. Gained up to 185 before I started losing. I've found, as an adult that eats, 145-150 is a much more realistic (and still sexay) weight for me. You'll know it when you get there.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 2" and weigh 139, my goal weight is 130, but it might change. I don't care about the number on the scale, I care about body fat %. I also lift heavy and have a lot of muscle, which is denser than fat, less of it takes up more space, so your scale weight could be heavier, but you are smaller, there are so many variables.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    DjinnMarie wrote: »

I love this website. It really shows how different two people with the same stats can look.

• AHSFreak
    Options

This site is GOLD!....thank you so much ☺

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 135 initially, too. It sounds so weird to even try to be so light! My lowest was 145 and I really liked how I looked.

Good luck to us!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and 143 pounds right now. I've been on this site for several years and when I got to my goal weight before back in 2012, I got down to around 120-123. People were telling me I was too skinny, and that I needed to stop losing weight. I can honestly say now, looking back at those pictures, that my goal weight would not ever be below 125, and preferably stay between 127-130. But that's just from my experience/opinion.
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options

This is excellent! Thank you!!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I weigh 135 lbs both of these pictures.

Since getting into heavy lifting, my body has changed and I've started to care less about my weight and more about how much muscle vs fat my body has. Although weight can be an indicator of fitness and progress, it's only one of many and actually one of the less important ones! Everyone has a different body type and body composition can play a big role in your weight. And let's not mention the frustrating day to day fluctuations haha. Anyway, my two cents :)
  • AHSFreak
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I weigh 135 lbs both of these pictures.

Since getting into heavy lifting, my body has changed and I've started to care less about my weight and more about how much muscle vs fat my body has. Although weight can be an indicator of fitness and progress, it's only one of many and actually one of the less important ones! Everyone has a different body type and body composition can play a big role in your weight. And let's not mention the frustrating day to day fluctuations haha. Anyway, my two cents :)

OH MY GOSH girl you are GORGEOUS!
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 139lbs still have some fat to reduce but I don't want to lose anymore weight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!