I have a question for any Gamers on mfp

Options
jke78
jke78 Posts: 59 Member
Way off topic for mfp, but I need help. Christmas is fast approaching and I'm stumped as far as gaming consoles. I have two ps3's currently, one suffers the YLOD, the other will no longer read dual layer blu-ray discs(which according to my research is an ongoing problem that PS refuses to acknowledge). This totally sours me on any more PlayStation products, but what to do? The only other products I have any experience with is the nintendo I had in the 80s and the sega I had in the 90s, not very helpful these days....

What is your favorite gaming console?

Replies

• Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    PS4 is a solid machine...much better than the PS3. Xbox One is a nice system, but I feel like the PS4 does a better job with graphics and is faster - plus the online service is free. I don't waste my time on Nintendo anymore, since I'm an adult. Anyway, that's my opinion, for what it's worth!
  • Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I know I would be Very happy if there was a PS4 under my Christmas tree this year. All consoles are going to have lemons. You can find as many people who will never own another xbox as there are with same view as ps. I have had a PS1, 2 and 3 and all were solid.
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My sis has a PS3 she bought last April, hers is now having the dual layer problems....

The overwhelming response here is the PS4, which I know my kids would be happy with. But really at this point I think they'd be happy just with something that worked. I don't play video games anymore so what I knew once upon a time is obsolete. The kids like to make me play Call of Duty with them sometimes so they can gang up on me(when we still had an operational PlayStation). Watching my oldest play The Last of Us was almost like watching The Walking Dead, I am really impressed with the graphics of PS3, so I can imagine what 4 is like.

Ok, more research is needed, thanks for the responses, at least I have more of a starting point.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Don't even look at the consoles. Look at the games.

Look at the pipelines and purchase the console that best supports the games you want to play.
  • squisherz
    squisherz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    between my husband and I we have everything from the colecovision, NES, SNES, to the newer xbox 360, ps3.. I wasn't much of a playstation person until resently. I was xbox all the way up until the Xbox one. Now I mostly play on the ps3 and I prefer it to the xbox now though I still like the xbox controllers better. online free is a bonus. the wii are alright but personalty I think Ninteno is sinking.
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We recently bought a xbox one. I didnt want to bc the 360 games wouldnt work.thousands of $ in games useless. Plug in out of box didnt work. Returned 2nd worked. Sure the hd is better on the one but the kids keep playing the 360. If I had to choose, ha ha, I would get a 360. Now with the One out games are going down, can buy games online, & stream movies. My kids are 6&10. My son gets his halo games and call of duty, & my daughter gets her Minecraft and kitten youtube videos. Idk... good luck choosing!

• squisherz
    squisherz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am planning to upgrade to PS4 once they rerelease it and work out all the bugs.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Pssssh PC all the way.

Though for console I've been on the Playstation bandwagon since the first one came out. When I was like 9. Love at first sight.
  • th3mach1n3
    th3mach1n3 Posts: 4 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    PC Master Race
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was a playstation junkie for years (Nintendo before that), but then PS3 and xbox360 came out and the 360 was cheaper (and had more of the games I like to play) so now we have an xbox. lol I ALWAYS wait a while for them to work out bugs and put out more games (and bring down the price) and then decide on which console to buy based on any system-exclusive games I want to play.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Halo remaster is about to come out. We shall see the Xbox one console exponentially increase. Honestly the question would be what you personally play more of then what system to buy.
  • TheZaxian
    TheZaxian Posts: 15 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ripfit138 wrote: »
    PS4 is a solid machine...much better than the PS3. Xbox One is a nice system, but I feel like the PS4 does a better job with graphics and is faster - plus the online service is free. I don't waste my time on Nintendo anymore, since I'm an adult. Anyway, that's my opinion, for what it's worth!
    PSN access is not free on the PS4: "Unlike PS3, a PlayStation Plus subscription is required to access online multiplayer in most games; this requirement does not apply to "free-to-play" or subscription-based titles." [from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4#Software_and_services ]

Of all the 'next gen' consoles, ironically we're most happy with the Wii U, seems to have a better build quality than the other two and the games are markedly less buggy (although that's because most of them are first party titles). However, I'd second the idea of looking at the titles/exclusives for each console and picking one based on that because they're more the same than they're different.

Failing that, personally I'd go with the Xbox One over the PS4 - I prefer the UI and given that you now have to pay to play online on both platforms (with PS+ and XBL) Microsoft certainly have a better history of keeping their servers online (no month long outages like PSN had in 2011!).
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Halo remaster is about to come out. We shall see the Xbox one console exponentially increase. Honestly the question would be what you personally play more of then what system to buy.

When does that come out? Excited to see the graphics on Assassin's Creed Unity!
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    http://bgr.com/2014/06/09/halo-the-master-chief-collection-release-date/ I would know off the dome but I do not own one until this comes out. I have clocked in at least 1000 more hours playing the Halos over any other games.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    jke78 wrote: »
    Way off topic for mfp, but I need help. Christmas is fast approaching and I'm stumped as far as gaming consoles. I have two ps3's currently, one suffers the YLOD, the other will no longer read dual layer blu-ray discs(which according to my research is an ongoing problem that PS refuses to acknowledge). This totally sours me on any more PlayStation products, but what to do? The only other products I have any experience with is the nintendo I had in the 80s and the sega I had in the 90s, not very helpful these days....

What is your favorite gaming console?

First world problems.
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    PS4!
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    You have to think about future applications for the platforms in question. The reason why I am gambling on the XBONE is stuff like this: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/illumiroom/
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    _errata_ wrote: »
    You have to think about future applications for the platforms in question. The reason why I am gambling on the XBONE is stuff like this: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/illumiroom/

Halo with that.