Starting and staying with it!

Options
I have joined a couple of groups and I am hoping that this will help me to stay motivated and on track. I am pretty good at the regular exercise I just blow it with over eating and at the wrong times. Being premenopausal hasn't helped any as it seems that I when I follow a diet- it doesn't seem to help with weight loss.

Anyone else finding the same?

Replies

• VeraCaselles
    Options
    I am way past premenopausal and I know it sucks. Hang in there! One suggestion is to try to avoid the word "diet" in your vocabulary. Diet and deprivation are the same thing in my experience and the last thing you need during this time of hormonal changes is to feel deprived. Try and come up with snacks like nuts and fruit that are healthy and listen to your body. Most of all, be patient and kind to yourself.
  • phillipsbrenda
    phillipsbrenda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you Vera! I should actually be saying " life style change" although I fall back on the word diet. Yes, I know patience is the key... still trying to find the key though.
  • VeraCaselles
    Options
    Keep in touch. I know I needed a lot of help from women that had been there when I went through that time of my life.
  • phillipsbrenda
    Options
    Will do and thank you Vera!
  • phillipsbrenda
    Options
    I have decided to join the group "Just for today". I think I will give this a try as I have been struggling a lot lately.