Sick as a dog and need your advice!

Options
I have the cold bad, like on a 'Man Flu' level, and was looking for tips and tricks for beating the sickness!

I usually just sleep and sleep but that isn't an option for me at the moment, and I've been taking vitamin C tablets for a while now, and they are supposed to help with colds (although I have a feeling its all a pile of rubbish) but I feel like I'm going to be ill forever!

So basically, give me your old remedies, recipes or good old wives tales that you think will help, at this point I'm going to try everything!

Replies

• EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup, lots of tea, water and take a bath if possible
  • lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Zinc will boost your immune system. I've found that if I don't rest when I first get sick then it takes longer to get over it. Good luck!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to get lots of rest!
  • hiraethed
    hiraethed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Citrus fruit, lots of water and a hearty soup! Tomato and rice veggie soup is great, lots of vitamin C and minerals. I like lemon ginseng green tea when I'm feeling crappy too, if you can find it.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I've had that cold the past couple of days too. My MIL told me to put Vick's Vaporub on the soles of my feet, cover with socks, go to sleep. Seems to help.

Also I do a sinus rinse in the morning and before bed. Helps clear out the congestion and the germies. Hoping it helps clear this up faster.

Lots at lots of lemon and honey tea for the throat.