I need Advice, any will help thanks!

Options
Hi Everyone, this doesn't have to deal with weight or anything but it is a great deal of stress and A LOT ON MY MIND HERE LATELY!

Im currently enrolled in college and technically I am a sophmore fixing to apply for the RN and the LPN program that will start up in the Fall of 2009! Im applying for both incase I dont get into the RN program. Im very excited about applying but I also am diein to take a semester off! All I have left to take for next semester is Microbiology and that is the only one! If I only take that one I am entitled to start payin back on the loan I had to take out in the spring semester of this year to pay for the schooling I've received this year! I feel stuck in a situation I dont know how to go about handling!!!!! either way taking off a semester or only taking that one class I have to start paying back the loans, so Im thinking just taking a semester off will allow me more time for myself as well as more time to work to pay off the already one loan that I have!
I feel that I deserve a much needed break from school but Im afraid if I dont take Micro this spring semester and just wait to take it once I get into the program Im going to murder myself LOL figuratively speaking just b/c its going to be so hard to keep up with ALL that work!
I just dont know what to do! My gut tells me to take the semester off, but then again Im scared too!

any advice will help!!! Please

Replies

• fjones0021
    Options
    Hi Everyone, this doesn't have to deal with weight or anything but it is a great deal of stress and A LOT ON MY MIND HERE LATELY!

Im currently enrolled in college and technically I am a sophmore fixing to apply for the RN and the LPN program that will start up in the Fall of 2009! Im applying for both incase I dont get into the RN program. Im very excited about applying but I also am diein to take a semester off! All I have left to take for next semester is Microbiology and that is the only one! If I only take that one I am entitled to start payin back on the loan I had to take out in the spring semester of this year to pay for the schooling I've received this year! I feel stuck in a situation I dont know how to go about handling!!!!! either way taking off a semester or only taking that one class I have to start paying back the loans, so Im thinking just taking a semester off will allow me more time for myself as well as more time to work to pay off the already one loan that I have!
    I feel that I deserve a much needed break from school but Im afraid if I dont take Micro this spring semester and just wait to take it once I get into the program Im going to murder myself LOL figuratively speaking just b/c its going to be so hard to keep up with ALL that work!
    I just dont know what to do! My gut tells me to take the semester off, but then again Im scared too!

any advice will help!!! Please
  • buzz4meusa
    Options
    Don't let your flesh take over. Talk to yourself and say, "I can do this!"

Check out www.daveramsey.com

Listen to the archives and be encouraged,

Also listen to
    www.lesbrown.com

You need some motivation.
  • ladybug0416
    ladybug0416 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take spring semester off, and take micro over the summer? Or if you get it out of the way and take it in spring, you will still have a lot of extra time on your hands because that's only one class to focus on, and you will have the whole summer to relax! I'd take it before next fall though, so you can do really well in the nursing program without stressing about micro, plus you would probably get a better grade in micro if you only had that one class to focus on! It would probably be best to take it in the spring and then have the summer as a break--there is more to do over the summer, more work opportunities, and more time/options to relax, and that will be a MUCH NEEDED BREAK before you start the RN program!! That's just what I would do!! I'm only a Freshman in college but I'm going to medical school so I'm going to most likely graduate in 3 years (i'm gonna do a lot of summer and maymester work) and then i'm sure i will want at least a summer to chill out before med school starts! If you don't take it now, you will wish you had later!
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Ok, my advice is to take the microbiology course. I am an RN and I assure you that you do not want to be taking micro when you are taking the core nursing classes. Even if you are not full time some lending companies will put you in a "part-time deferment" where you pay interest on the loan but not the whole required payment. Keep plugging away at your courses. The faster you get through the faster you will get that much needed break - after graduation. One posting referred you to the dave ramsey website. I agree that it is worth checking out. He gives alot of good financial advice.