Is this normal??

Options
I have always been a hot natured person. I'm the one who never adjusts the thermastat in my house becuse my DH would be a popcicle:noway: Now that I have lost some weight all of a sudden I am always cold. I don't really know if it is associated with weight loss or if it has to do with hormones. I'm 37 and my mother hit menopause early.:grumble: If anyone has any insight I would appreciate some input. I don't feel like I've lost that much insulation:noway:
Thanks!

Replies

• ladybug3
    Options
    I have always been a hot natured person. I'm the one who never adjusts the thermastat in my house becuse my DH would be a popcicle:noway: Now that I have lost some weight all of a sudden I am always cold. I don't really know if it is associated with weight loss or if it has to do with hormones. I'm 37 and my mother hit menopause early.:grumble: If anyone has any insight I would appreciate some input. I don't feel like I've lost that much insulation:noway:
    Thanks!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    In most of the classes I took for my degree....when you lose fat you are thinning out your insulation layer.
    So, I would assume it's natural to become colder as you slim down.
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to shed these layers, I'm always hot and DH is always complaining about his cold dead feet and hands! :laugh:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I think it is...trust me, I'm always freezing now....Sweaters and sweat shirts are my best friends.:flowerforyou:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    ME too! So cold so cold so cold! Sometimes I get in the tub or just go to bed to warm up!
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    I don't know. I've actually always been pretty cold despite being fat. I mean I live in florida so usually it's hot but I'm cold in normal room temperature.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    This last summer I was sweating from places I didn't know I could. :grumble: But now that I have lost weight and well its getting colder here in Minnesota I am getting colder. BURRRR. But I rather have extra layers on and be healthy than have that extra weight and sweat . :laugh:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I too used to be cold when I was heavier... but now that I've lost weight!... My boyfriend and I used to have the same climate likings but since I've lost weight he has been complain that it is a sauna at my place. He is taking off his shirt while I'm putting on more clothes and am showing him that I have visable goosebumps. I think it is normal. :smile:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I always have been hot, always. But now, wow, I am freezing. We were just (as in 5 minutes ago) talking about this on a different 100 lbs to lose website I am in.

I think it's because my body's not used to be having less fat, AND because with eating less calories my body uses them for other resources, and temperature isn't the highest on the list.
  • deborah123
    deborah123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    same for me, I seem to be always cold. I do think it is the weight loss. More sweaters I guess.

Am glad to know i'm not the only one.

Deborah
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Could be pre-men, too. From what my doc told me and from research on the 'net, most women are in some form of pre-men (even if unnoticable) from age 35 on. I entered it big time this year though. Wait until you get the hot flashes, too!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold. I mean ALWAYS. But I do think it has gotten worse since losing weight. It's been -10C or so here the fast week and I can barley stand to go outside, even all bundled up. lol.
  • ladybug3
    Options
    :happy: Thanks for the response. Glad to know its probably from the weight I've lost and not my mind that I've lost:bigsmile: