Filling 200 calories dinner?

Options

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    If you get desperate, I've done albacore tuna straight from the can, no mayo or Miracle Whip... protein fills you up. Throw it on some green beans and it might not be half bad.

I'm having a large eating day myself. My plan is tuna with avocado (I'm allergic to mayo anyway). It's an awesome alternative. You may go over in calories a little bit, but you can always balance it out by going on a 20 minute run!
  • jeanners98
    jeanners98 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    BIG salad with fruit (apple or pear), spinach, and goat cheese. So yummy and low cal. Just toss with balsamic and some fresh ground pepper.
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Whenever I'm short on calories for the day I exercise so I can eat more :smile:

People doing TDEE method don't eat back exercise calories though.

Really? I was under the impression that Total Daily Energy Expenditure includes ALL calories including exercise calories. If someone is eating their TDEE, wouldn't they by default be eating back their exercise calories? Correct me if I'm wrong!
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    2 eggs and a piece of bread, I like to coat the bread in the eggs and fry them together, lazy man's french toast lol
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Gigantic veggie omelet! I'd use 4 eggwhites-68 calories, 4 cups of raw spinach-28 calories, half a red bell pepper-16 calories and 150 grams of mushrooms-33 calories. Grand total-145 calories, which leaves you enough for either half an ounce of lowfat cheese, or a little bit of fruit. I like hotsauce on mine for a bit of kick. And it's a LOT of food.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    colibri23 wrote: »

People doing TDEE method don't eat back exercise calories though.

Really? I was under the impression that Total Daily Energy Expenditure includes ALL calories including exercise calories. If someone is eating their TDEE, wouldn't they by default be eating back their exercise calories? Correct me if I'm wrong!

Yeah but you don't 'add' them. It's an average for the week. So if you consistently eat over, you will gain weight.

Of course I could eat less tomorrow, but I know that might not happen, so I'd rather try and stay under my goal today. Good ideas here, I'll figure out something, lol.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    bag of frozen veggies into some clear broth for soup and then some protein in addition or added into.
  • Francl27
    Options
    bag of frozen veggies into some clear broth for soup and then some protein in addition or added into.

Sounds great, but I don't have broth :(
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Sounds great, but I don't have broth :(

Water and a bouillon cube?
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

^^ this

• icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat back exercise calories....I have made a very filling egg scramble with one egg + 3 egg whites + veggies + salsa. Mmm....I also have this for breakfast if I want to "save" more calories for a dinner out. :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Welp since you're not listening about going over and under tomorrow instead, I'd consider either a can of tuna, a hunk of cooked chicken/turkey, or a protein smoothie.
  • nephalime
    nephalime Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A huge salad with hard boiled egg and no dressing. Just avoid avocados, potatoes or corn since they ae high in calories. You can pretty much eat as much veggies as you want. Or a vegetables soup.
  • Francl27
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Welp since you're not listening about going over and under tomorrow instead, I'd consider either a can of tuna, a hunk of cooked chicken/turkey, or a protein smoothie.

I'm listening, I just don't want to do it, because for me it's not as easy as saying 'I'll eat less tomorrow'. My goal is to keep a 200 calorie deficit and I'm already failing at it most days because some days I just get bad cravings or I just get really hungry... it's just not realistic for me to start thinking 'I'll make up for it tomorrow' in these conditions.

Can of light tuna and green beans it is!
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of veggies with chicken.
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can eat a mess of fish, some grilled chicken, tuna, hummus, and some veggies. Make a salad, just eat meat, have some fruits. Depending on how many hours you have left in the day, I'd try and space out a few small snack-y meals with some protein and veggies and lots of water until you can pass out and do it again :)

Or 3 eggs.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Franci, this will work. Get a pair of baggy shorts with deep pockets. Take 3 cooked chicken legs (with skin) and place them in your front left pocket. Go outside and walk a mile while eating a leg. Once the first mile is complete, take the leftover leg and move it to your right pocket. Repeat 2 more times. 45 minutes later you've walked 3 miles and eaten those legs!! Woo Hoo!! Try the veal I'm here all week.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I'm listening, I just don't want to do it, because for me it's not as easy as saying 'I'll eat less tomorrow'. My goal is to keep a 200 calorie deficit and I'm already failing at it most days because some days I just get bad cravings or I just get really hungry... it's just not realistic for me to start thinking 'I'll make up for it tomorrow' in these conditions.

I totally get this. Such a slippery slope. Pretty soon you're so over in calories you're still making them up 2 months later. At least that's how I view it.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Can of light tuna and green beans it is!

For TDEE, isn't your deficit already built in? You don't need an additional deficit on top of your deficit.

• stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    TDEE is maintenance. You need a deficit to lose weight.

I like the idea of vegetables and light tuna.

I agree with those who say "I'll make up for it tomorrow" is a bad idea. Pushing stuff off into the future isn't going to help with weight loss, and besides, less calories for tomorrow means more likely to go over... again.