What foods can't you eat?

Options

Replies

• parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I can't eat dairy or eggs. It's because of allergies and intolerances though.

But food I just personally cannot stand or eat no matter how it's prepared is tofu.

Soondubu jjigae, especially if you like spicy food.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Organ meat is a big NO. I will eat a pork chop but wont eat roast pork. Mussels and oysters, yuck, looks like vagina. Wont eat wild game either. I basically eat chicken and that's about it for mest.
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Broccoli... I keep trying to like it since now I'm vegan and it's supposed to be a good vegetable to add to get more protein but I just can't do it. It tastes nasty cooked and raw. -_-
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love a lot od veggies but I HATE beets. I can't stand the smell of them. The smell and taste makes me sick. I also don't like the texture of shredded coconut. I'm from the south and I can't do raw oysters. They look like snot. lol
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love this thread...

I can't get frozen cooked spinach down without auto-vomit kicking in. I love raw spinach and when I cook it myself, but the prefrozen stuff makes me gag. Okra elicits the same response. And canned asparagus. I love fresh asparagus. Onions are okay if they've been cooked beyond recognition, but raw onions make my stomach revolt.

I dislike lima beans, brussel sprouts, sauerkraut, overly processed anything, and jarred pasta sauce. I didn't like organ meats either when I was eating meat.
  • Twignasty
    Twignasty Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Peas are gross. Smelling them makes me nauseous. :/
  • Chrissy_1516
    Chrissy_1516 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Sea food. I try it every year and every year I can't get past the texture (not a fan of the taste either). Also most red meat, I hate the taste.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
    Asparagus
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese food. I like to think that I'm pretty accepting of most food - but I just...can't. It's not tasty to me!

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Olives
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Brainsbcxjtkactewh.png
    ...lol
    002.png 336.4K
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I struggle with beans unless they are baked beans. I used to detest onions, but now put them in everything
  • carlcopley
    Options
    Dairy. Grain. Soy. Lectins. Beans. All cause diarrhea and skin issues.

Bananas. Causes cramps and constipation.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can't eat is fat. If I get a piece of fat in my mouth, I gag. I sit and cut off every bit from my meat, but if I miss a piece, it's nauseating to me.
  • xphoenixfirex
    xphoenixfirex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't mind trying any foods, but any acidic foods like citrus, or things like peppers are off limits, as I'll be curled up in a corner crying in pain. Sucks because no tomato based sauces for pasta or pizza, but I can get away with a slice or two of tomato if it's mild enough. I happen to LOVE liver, and venison (grew up with a hunter), Brussels sprouts I also adore. I've never had any sort of taste or texture aversion to any type of food, just can't eat what causes actual physical pain :/
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    Tapioca has a gross texture.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, cooked carrots [ I can get away with raw baby carrots], but cooked?...nononononooooo]
  • InCHarmsWay
    InCHarmsWay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms! I always try them in the hopes I will one day like them. But, no, they're gross.

The only other thing I don't eat is honey, because I'm allergic.
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I cannot eat eggs due to a food intolerance. I don't like onions, American cheese, roast beef, cauliflower, sweet pickles, white bread, or cashews. Oh, and I had real Indian food before - - no clue what the names of them were, but I did not enjoy anything they had.