What should i really be tracking?

Options
Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
I mainly go by my calorie count. As far as weight loss goes what else am i supposed to be looking out for?

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    SODIUM!! Staying low in sodium will help tremendously.....Sodium makes you retain water.....
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Sodium!! Too much is poisonous for your body. 2300mg is the most one person should consume in a day, i try to stay under .
    And my BP was elevated, since starting this i managed to get it down to a healthy range. It does make a difference. Plus if you take in too much salt your body will hold on to water in your body which adds lbs on the scale.
  • Lotuser
    Lotuser Posts: 9
    Options
    great tip!. Thanks.
  • Msaip
    Options
    Does it matter if i drink enough water? or does that matter at all?
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options

It does matter and I am one of those who really needs to increase her water intake.
  • greeneyed84
    Options

Oh yes!! The more water you drink the more your body will flush the retained water out. Plus it flushes your insides. And if you have too much salt in one day drink extra water. It will help keep the damage low
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i track::

sodium - i keep mine around the American Heart Associations recommended intake of 1500mg a day

carbs - i try and stay around 120 carbs a day

fat

potassium - because potassium coincides with sodium. potassium helps water flow through your cells, and helps your muscles function and contract. i take a potassium supplement every day

fiber - i eat 25+ grams a day
  • Msaip
    Options
    So i am averaging at a little under 100 oz of water a day. Would that be enough to flush my sodium?
  • Ashtrizzle
    Options
    Just make sure that you get at least 8 glasses of water per day.
  • greeneyed84
    Options
    So i am averaging at a little under 100 oz of water a day. Would that be enough to flush my sodium?

Np, you need more. I try to drink between 3 and 4 liters which is 12-16 cups